Transfer Orders to be created in Planning Worksheet!!!

santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
Hi All,

When I run the MRP ( Material Requirement Plan ) in Planning Worksheets, Transfer Orders should be created automatically for items from one location to another.

It is possible, but I need to know where the setup has to created for that.

Please help in this matter...

Thanks

Santosh
Thanks & Regards
Santosh
Where Stones can be transformed to Gold

Comments

• Lec11Lec11 Member Posts: 91
    You have to setup Stockkeeping Units for the desired items related with the desired locations! See the Replenishment tab, fields Replenishment system and Transfer-from Code!
  • santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
    Lec11 wrote:
    You have to setup Stockkeeping Units for the desired items related with the desired locations! See the Replenishment tab, fields Replenishment system and Transfer-from Code!

But by doing that the item is attached only to that location A & Transfer-from Code is attached to one particular location B only,

so... transfer order will be created from that location B to another location A ONLY.

BUt the scenario is ....

if the item is in inventory in any location, when MRP is run in Planning Worksheets, transfer orders should be created from the location having that item in inventory to the location when the item is needed.

I am also trying to solve it, if any body knew it please help & share your knwledge..

Thank you in advance,

Santosh
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    Ok, so you want this: if the item is needed at location A, you want the MRP to suggest the transfer order from any location that has that item in stock.
    To achieve this you have to create several stockkeeping units for the item with location A related to every "from-location", but this is not possible in Nav by default (you have the key "item, to-location").
    It's also not possible by default to associate more than one "from-location" to the stockkeeping unit, because you have one field. You can create an additional table to use instead of the field Transfer-from Location (with the key "Transfer-To Location,Transfer-from Location" ) that has related locations, each of them with priorities, but it's complicated and I wouldn't advise you.
  • santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
    Dear Lec11,

You have understood my question correctly...

But from your reply is there is any solution or not?

But I am sure there will be some solution, which I am trying to fetch. ](*,)

Look in Planning Worksheets.... there is a column "Transfer From Code", "Location Code" & in "Replenishment system" we have "Transfer". So there is some solution. :!:

Lets see we will get it some day....
    :idea:
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    The solution i'm thinking right now is the one I suggested in my previous post (create an additional table in which you associate more than one location from where you want to receive items) ... but it sounds hard to implement this.

At this moment, you can ship items to one location automatically from only a certain one. If you want to receive items from another location you have to do it manually.

The fact that those fields are there doesn't mean anything (at least it doesn't mean anything to me) ... you can enter information there manually.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You will need to modify the system to do this - you are asking for a dynamic replenishment, whilst NAV wants set rules, hence the suggestion made by Lec11, so yes there is a solution, but you need to design the system to handle your requirements. The transfer from or to field is not dynamic, it is simply if the SKU is set and replenishment is required.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • rajatrajat Member Posts: 9
    Hi may be you can try using Order Planning. Based on Production demand when you run Order Planning, you can know the Items required for Purchase and in case the items are available in any other location the system will suggest you to Transfer also without using SKU's. I hope this solves your problem.
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    I think it is better to change processes how items move in locations. NAV is based on central warehouse and shops, which stock very small amount of items. I think it is very good solution. If you want to get items from other shop, order them an get their approval, because they stock this because they need (i hope)/ Plan is always to get from central warehouse.
    If you have a lot of locations, that it is not a problem to have region warehouses. In local warehouse should be quantities for region for required time period.