Different data after restoring backups under native & SQL

leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
hi all

this week i went really mad because i can't understand the following navision's behavior:

i went to a company and after change several objects i made a ENTIRE database backup. this copy includes (as you all know):
- all the companies
- all common data
- all objects

when in my office, i restored the database under a sql server.
everything was ok except when checking data in a matrix form that we design, i miss several orders we create.
then i made a new native database (an FDB). when created, i restored the same backup i used before.
when checking data in our matrix form i can see all my orders.

so please, could you explain me why restoring a backup under sql misses data :?: :?:
this is yet the second time i found this behavior, and i'm starting not to confide in navision's backups... [-X

hope you can understand what i'm trying to explain :wink:
many regards

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I know about a problem that causes different data in SQL database and native. It has something to do with the set codepage in SQL. But you are talking about loss of data. Never heard that. That's very strange. Are you really sure that the data is lost? Maybe your matrix form sets a filter and this filter doesn't work under SQL because of this codepage problem... Just an idea.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • azerty74azerty74 Member Posts: 82
    I don't think that there's data missing, but as you might not know, data in Sql is sometimes sorted differently.
    So this might let you feel that data is missing ? In the matrix form, how are the rows sorted & filtered ?
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing code. Therefore if you write the code as cleverly as possible you are by definition not smart enough to debug it.