Chamge Log Entry

hugoistihugoisti Member Posts: 26
Hi all again, I would like stress that the forum is very interesting, this very well, there are many people who knows and that this ready to help that the truth that we must recognize and I congratulate all those who help us.
good now if, I am going to my doubt, when I use a Field Matching (Field with arrow) not recorded no change in the table change log entry, now if you edit manually if there is the change.
I have followed the code and I cannot give me account which is the difference, somebody knows?, thank you for your help

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    edited 2008-09-26
    what do you mean with "Field Matching" ? Do you change the value of some fields in your code like
    .... Other Code .....
    MyField := TheNewValue;

or what? If this is so, Change Log only log the manuell changes. But you can also log the changes by code (you need 2 Recref variables".

so read this post here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=26136 or search the forum for Change Log.

regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you mean the Lookup functionality of the field, it seems that the lookup is done through OnLookup code and it means that no ChangeLog functionality is fired. It is mainly if the lookup is done on table level, not form level.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • hugoistihugoisti Member Posts: 26
    ok, I was talking about Lookup. I do not is very clear but at least already is that I have to do. many thanks friends for their help. greetings
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    No problem, you're welcome.
    Do you make it right, it works too!