Options Field

AlkroAlkro Member Posts: 115
I'm sure that question is stupid, but...

I have an option field in a table (Table1) with values 1.5, 1.8, 2, 2.2

I have another table (Table2), and i want to create an option field in Table2 where show values of Table1. In the future, when i add another option in Table1, Table2 shows this change without create the option in Table2.

How?

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Do you need to change the value of Table 2? Is Table 2 a lookup to Table 1? If so, you can create a flowfield to table 1.

If not, instead of an option field, you may want to create a lookup to a new table.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    sorry with optionfields is this not possible (the flowfield, you must have the same optionstings in both tables).
    Why do you not use a code field with a table relation if you have more def. values :?:
    OK, also you can use a code field without a table relation, but then you must handle it, that the users can only insert a def. range of values.

And on Table2 your "CodeField" is a Flowfield to table 1 where Identifer in Table 2 = Identifer in Table 1.

Regads
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • AlkroAlkro Member Posts: 115
    Not working! :(

Step 1

Create a Field in T50000. This Field is Size Code[10]

In its propierties TableRelation:"Production Order"."Values all" (This field is an option field)

Then if i make this field a Flowfield... What method? (Sum, Lookup,...)

:(
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Alkro wrote:
    Not working! :(
    Step 1
    Create a Field in T50000. This Field is Size Code[10]
    In its propierties TableRelation:"Production Order"."Values all" (This field is an option field)
    Then if i make this field a Flowfield... What method? (Sum, Lookup,...)
    :(
    If you're followinf Krikis post - I believe he was suggesting having a lookup flowfield to the other table
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Why option and not code?

I think you've the following data structure:

Table 1 (example):

PKfield Code 10
    OptionField Option 1.2,1.5,1.8,2,2.2

Table 2 (example)

PKField Code 10
    PKField2 Code 10
    Field with relation to Table 1 code 10
    OptionFieldAsFlowField to Table 1 to Field OptionField

So the with the OptionFieldAsFlowField you problem is not solved because u must ever change both tables (when the options are modified). You say, that in future there are more option. So why not a code field? In table 1 your option field is a Codefield with a table relation to, lets say, table 3 (PKField,Description). Now, in table 2 your OptionFieldAsFlowField is also a code Field but not a normal field (fieldclass), it's a FlowField.
    Calcforumla:
    Lookup(Table1.YourField WHERE (PKFieldTable1=FIELD(FieldWithRelationToTable1)))

TableRealtion to Table 3.

regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!