Options

Confirmation Regarding MCP Details

chrispaulchrispaul Member Posts: 174
Dear All

Please forgive for posting the same topic second time but i guess i need your suggetion on this as i have cleared two technical certifications ,kindly tell me if i am entitled for MCP ID or not which i believe i am , if yes then please tell me how can i get my MCP Details.

Hoping for your Response .

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    NAV is seen as an equivalent to an MCP, it is not currently rolled into the MCP system at Microsoft and therefore you cannot get an MCP id for passing NAV exams, this was certainly the case last time I looked, but contact Microsoft for confirmation.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    dougmilesdougmiles Member Posts: 4
    You could contact mbs-cert(at)microsoft.com, give them your name, exam numbers and exam dates, and any other information that you think is important, and ask them for any clarification.
  • Options
    This was the statement made by MS last year:
    The Microsoft Certification ID has been added to the Microsoft Dynamics certification community to drive greater consistency between the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Program and the Microsoft Dynamics and related business products certification program.

To have the exams recoginised as part of the partner certification you need to enter your MCP id, but the passing of Dynamics exams does not actually get you this ID.

However as Doug says contact MS they will clarify this for you. Then you can post the answer here!
  • Options
    tamboabtamboab Member Posts: 1
    Well, I got an MCP ID after passing my fourth NAV 4.0 exam. I had to ask them to give it to me, and my Professional Certificate as well right enough.
    Where's the saltire?
  • Options
    I am sure one day Microsoft will get Dynamics integrated into the mainstream to enable the delivery of an MCP ID when you pass the exam like every other discipline, rather than you going to have to chase it. I think we need to be patient, they only purchased Dynamics 6 years ago :D

Thanks for the update though, it will help others in your situation.