Allow/restrict user log in

MRNSTSMRNSTS Member Posts: 7
hello

i want to allow a user only if he logs in from a particular client computer(in NAV 3.7)

The client user logs in to the navision server through internet and teminal server.

The user must log in from office computer only. He should not log in from other computer or
from outside through internet.

is it possible.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I guess it's possible to save the users Static IP address in the users table and check for a match on login. (search forum for "IP address")
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14707
    I'm not a terminal services guru but I would assume anyone just can login without a password.
    So revoke his. No guests allowed!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Problem is, that if NAV is running on terminal server, there is no easy way how to find out from where the user is connected. Better will be to make separate terminal server with NAV and allow only logins from local network. This is question of infrastructure, not NAV.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    There should be some way to retrieve the IP address of the connected PC.

This topic shows a way when Citrix is used: Get the ClientAddress (IP) under Citrix

And this one I found using Google: How to get the Client IP address or hostname of a Citrix session or Terminal Services Session? (external link)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • rjvermarjverma Member Posts: 25
    HI,
    are u using Citrix, if yes you just change the ERP ID password or ERP User ID, if NO, you just disable Terminal services from windows Server 2003==>Administrative Tools==>Services.

One more thing, you can do, you just change the Static IP from your Metaframe server or Change the Citrix ID & Password.

THANKS.
    Rupesh Verma
    Floor & Furnishing (I) Pvt. Ltd.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    also if the user comes from a local pc and connect to a TS, you can ret. the local IP / computername.
    You can use WSH or environ for this (Clientname)
    Or you block the other IPs in your firewall.

So, first protection: allow only restricted subnet to connect
    second: Allow only restriced user to connect
    thierd, if the user will connect to NAV you can here also check if the Client IP / subnet is allowed (normaly blocked by 1.)

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!