Cannot export G/L entries to Excel

TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
NAV 5.
Go to G/L account. View G/L entries. Click on "Send to Microsoft Office Excel (Ctrl+E).

If your G/L account name has "\" or "/" symbols in it's name i.e. CRONUS/MS excel will show error message "Problem during load" and will crash evetually.
Question: is there a list of symbols that we cannot use in NAV? or is there somekind of update to fix this problem?

Thanks for any ideas.

Answers

• Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Design the form and change "G/L" to "GL" in Caption. (Or to "Nominal" :-D )

There is an article somewhere on PartnerSource how to hack the XML stuff to sort it out but it's easier.
  • damirdamir Member Posts: 28
    Hi,

I have a similar problem, but the "/" character is contained in the data and can't be easily removed. Can you point me to the article with solution on PartnerSource, as I can't find it.

TIA,
    Damir
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    You can still cut and paste the data into Excel normally, correct?
  • damirdamir Member Posts: 28
    It happens to me on Sales documents. As numbering series contain "/" it can't be sent to Excel. Word works fine.

Since it is document I can't copy/paste it to Excel.
  • pashya1972pashya1972 Member Posts: 176
    You can make use of Dataport option and export it to Text file. Its fast and if the volume of entries is substantial it takes lesser time to export. Once exported to text u can easilty convert in excel.

Prashant
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    pashya1972 wrote:
    You can make use of Dataport option and export it to Text file. Its fast and if the volume of entries is substantial it takes lesser time to export. Once exported to text u can easilty convert in excel.

Prashant

yes, Prashant, I would agree with your opinion (can it get any faster then dataport?) - at the end we ended up with a dataport as well.