Shipment number for Sales Invoice

KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
Heyas
Was just wondering if it would be possible to add The shipment number to Sales invoice lines after posting Order.
I know its possible if you post everyting same time, but it gets complicated if you do separate posts. :-k
K.S.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Cannot be done in easy way, because one line of invoice can invoice more lines of shipment. If you ship one line with two shipments, and than you invoice whole line, what will be in the invoice line??? [-X It is why there is no direct connection between invoice line and shipments. It is why there are other ways how to find out which lines were invoiced with the document.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Lec11Lec11 Member Posts: 91
    There is no direct link between those 2 ... you have to connect them through Value Entry. Fortunately, this link has been done in 5.0.

Check also this post:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20693&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
  • KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    kine wrote:
    Cannot be done in easy way, because one line of invoice can invoice more lines of shipment. If you ship one line with two shipments, and than you invoice whole line, what will be in the invoice line??? [-X It is why there is no direct connection between invoice line and shipments. It is why there are other ways how to find out which lines were invoiced with the document.

Yeh I know :/
    I've been thinking of closing this due of that, my boss doesnt understand its complexity altho he is aware how he can get the information.
    K.S.