How to delete table which contains records?

sam_navsam_nav Member Posts: 5
How to delete table which contain records, i tried to open that table but its showing error ("other concurrent activities... " ) like this...

Pls advise me deleting the table which has records..(without deleting the record)..

kindly see the attachment for the error..

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    sam nav wrote:
    Pls advise me deleting the table which has records..(without deleting the record)..

Form the error I see that you are using Native DB. You cannot delete table, when it contain data. There is no way around that. But better will be to solve the source of the problem you have. As the error text wrote: expand your database.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Before doing anything, best stop the DB-service and make a copy of the database-file(s) in case of the corruption problem (see second part of my post).

If you don't want to expand the DB, you can do this.

You can try to disable all secondary keys and then delete all records again.
    It is possible that disabling the secondary keys frees enough memory to be able to delete all the records.
    If this doesn't work, you need to create a form (or other object) to delete the records 1 by 1 and after each 100 records, do a commit.

There is also another possible problem: the DB has become corrupt.
    In this case you will always have the problem. To solve it,you need to make a backup of your DB. Create a new DB and then restore the backup in it.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Minimum required free space for native DB is 25%. It means keep DB at max. 75% full.
    2) Until you solve this problem, do not allow other users to connect to it. You must be sure, that you are alone in the DB (do not forget to stop all Application servers if you are using them).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • sam_navsam_nav Member Posts: 5
    I stopped all the application servers which is connected to database(native)..

I increased size of the Database(before increasing the size its showing 100% of used database after increasing its showing 62% of used size). I closed and open the database, again its showing 100% used size...

Not able to take backup also..its showing same error..

and any possible to take all tables backup(except which is showing error)...
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    That sounds like a corrupt DB. :cry:
    You can try MS if they can help you, but I have some doubts.

Looks like you have to create some dataports to export all the data, and then import it in a new DB.
    Try first a backup to backup objects + dataPerCompany=No data. If this works, then you already have something.
    Then try to backup company per company (if you have multiple companies).
    The company you can't backup, you will have to do with dataports.

Another possibility : check your last backup if it is ok and restore that one.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Hi Sam nav,

Try first take a DATA BACKUP from your current DB.
    Create a new DB.
    Restore the Application Objects only from latest DATADASE BACKUP,
    And then restore the DATA BACKUP into this DB.
    Now or Never