work order closing issue..

sajujosesajujose Member Posts: 8
The WIP and FG account in navision is effected only when we close
the work order.when we create an output journal it effect only in
the inventory(inventory increases) did not make any change in WIP and FG account.In our comany to close the work order it will take some time. so they ship the item without closing the work order.
then it effect both FG account and cost of goods sold account.
So in our company FG account show a big negative amount.
is there any solution for solving this issue????
is it possibe to effect the WIP and FG account when we create an out put journal??

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
      The reporting of the output journal should hit WIP and the other side is the inventory asset account - usually considered interim, until WIP is cleared. In the inventory posting setup what do you have defined in the inventory account (interim) as this is considered your finished goods account, but you want to keep it separate until all costs are known and posted, but if you take the two accounts together your accountants will get the position they are looking for. You could post this to ginished goods, but it is then a moving target you have less control over when production is finished and all costs are known. The choice is yours, but the system enables you to see this - assuming you are posting "expected" costs.
      The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    • sajujosesajujose Member Posts: 8
      So thankful to you for your Quick Response...
      Still I have some doubt
      when I check the inventory posting setup in my company I saw the following details
      In the inventory account (interim) they set one account .In chart of account this account name is finished goods (interim).But when i check in that account it didn't show any amount
      or any entry.So when I post the output journal it does not hit WIP and the other side the inventory asset account .
      can you help me to solve this issue?
    • sajujosesajujose Member Posts: 8
      So thankful to you for your Quick Response...
      Still I have some doubt
      when I check the inventory posting setup in my company I saw the following details
      In the inventory account (interim) they set one account .In chart of account this account name is finished goods (interim).But when i check in that account it didn't show any amount
      or any entry.So when I post the output journal it does not hit WIP and the other side the inventory asset account .
      can you help me to solve this issue?
      Have you set up expected cost posting?
      In response to your PM you setup expected cost posting in the inventory setup file. It will not only affect production though.

Can you tell me why you have populated the interim accounts when you do not have expected cost posting activated?