Options

.zup file and new programming

katisaunderskatisaunders Member Posts: 10
edited 2004-06-02 in Navision Financials
Changes to a form or report (object) will re-set each user's settings for that object, right? Has anybody heard of a way to let the users save their settings on certain forms prior to importing new programming - so they don't have to set up their forms again?

Comments

• Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    A user changes the width of a column and it is saved in zup file. In new form this column is removed or only its width changed. Which width is then correct ? What should happen then ?
    I think there are many unpredictable cases, so Navision just checks if the form has been modified since last use and then uses all of saved settings or none. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course it would be nice to have that feature.
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 99
    RobertMo wrote:
    A user changes the width of a column and it is saved in zup file. In new form this column is removed or only its width changed. Which width is then correct ? What should happen then ?
    I think there are many unpredictable cases, so Navision just checks if the form has been modified since last use and then uses all of saved settings or none. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course it would be nice to have that feature.

If anything is modified in that object or even just compiled with F11, then all the user changes for that object in the users ZUP file are then reset to that objects defaults. I think this also applies to reimporting the objects as well.
    Answer the question and wait for the answer.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    So to answer your question, Katisaunders, no that is not possible :)
  • Options
    katisaunderskatisaunders Member Posts: 10
    Kind of what I thought. Thanks All