Item Budgets

AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
Does anyone know if the item budgeting functions are covered in any of the manuals? If so I would appreciate to know which ones, or be forwarded to any documention on them. I've been playing around with it but I can't seem to get the values I am assiging in my Sales Budget (S&M->A&R->Budgets) to flow to my Analysis Report (FM->Inventory->A&R) when I setup a column for "Item Budget Entries" nothing appears. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    UPDATE: Can someone tell me how to disable an automatic filter? I think I've found the issue.

When I go to Sales and enter an item budget, the Item Budget Name gets tagged Sales in the column Item Analysis View. When I lookup on the Item Budget Filter field in the Analysis Report window (FM->Inventory->A&R->AR) it automatically filters on "2", which isn't even an option! Pretty sure it's just a :bug:

Where do I change the code to remove that filtering on "2"?
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Alew,

This looks like a bug to me. The analysis template table 7116 has an option string of Sales,Purchase,Inventory but the Item budget table 7132 has an option of only Sales,Purchase. Looks like the Inventory was not completed. FM->Inventory->A&R->AR uses form 7119 which will not work so try using S&M->A&R->AR instead (form 7117) which is filtered on Sales.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Thank you, it's always nice to know I'm not just doing something wrong! :)

The end result I need is to be able to have salespeople enter their forecasts (or upload from Excel), then have the Purchasing department be able to look at: Quantity on purchase orders, Expected Quantity (inbound), Quantity on Sales Orders, Expected Shipments, then Expected Sales Forecast- right now Navision can provide everything they need except the forecast. Any ideas on the easiest place to modify to pull in all this information, since the Inventory Analysis window is the only one I saw that will pull in sales and purchasing information (but won't pull in budgets!)? :-k