Applying pmt entries: you are not allowed to apply + post...

ajmalsherifajmalsherif Member Posts: 111
Hi

I am sure this has come up before but i couldn't find any thing when i did a search...

I have a vendor pmt on account which is then followed by a couple of invoices- however when i start by applying the payment and then try to apply the PI (F9) - i get the message:

"You are not allowed to apply and post an entry to an entry with an earlier posting date.
Instead post payment XXX and then apply to the PI yyy"(i can see the open payment but i cant post it.

Is there a work around suitable for a busy accounts department or is there a fix for this (we are on V4 SP1)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    I think this means someone has already made a manual application through the vendor ledger entries. Go to the vendor ledger entries for this vendor, find the PI you are trying to post, go to Functions-> Apply Entries. In the 'Applies-to ID' column there should be someone's username. Either select Application->Post Application, or remove the application so it can be posted through a journal.
  • ajmalsherifajmalsherif Member Posts: 111
    They haven't been applied -there is no name in Applies to ID
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Oh, then either make the posting date of the payment after the date of the PI, or post the payment by itself and make the manaual application from the vendor ledger entries.
  • ajmalsherifajmalsherif Member Posts: 111
    Thanks - what i have done is 'Reverse Transaction' for the payment and then re-posted it with a date of the last PI - which is similar to your suggestion.

Just seems a bit daft that we have to do this :)
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    If I recalled correctly this "feature" was introduced in version 4 & created a lot of prepayment problems. Until now nobody seems to know why this "feature" was introduced...
    Maybe someone here can enlighten me
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger