India Localization - RG23C Excise Register

sriram_venkatsriram_venkat Member Posts: 129
I have a unique feature.. My client is into Automotive manufacturing. During the MFG process, they use Grinding wheel which we had declared as Machine center. This is becoz we need to add this cost into Production cost. So we had defined as Machine center and asked the client to give the standard cost.

This Grinding wheel is unique in sense that it is procured as capital item, but issued to production for fitting in the machines.
So the client wants to treat as Fixed asset while procuring so that it updates the RG23C register.

But also this Grinding wheel is issued to production from the stores. We can do the Transfer order for issue to Production area from stores. My question is that

1) How can i treat this grinding wheel as FA (So that it updates RG23C register) and also issue to production
2) How do i do the consumption from the production area?

Please clarify as its very urgent

Sriram

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Everything that goes to RG23C is not capital items. There are lot of consumable items which are classified as capital item in Excise records but is used as normal item in the system i.e. they are purchased, store as inventory item and then consumed. You need to create a item card with Capital Item boolean marked as true. System will automatically take the credit to 'C' register instead of 'A'.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in