Navision 4.0 sp1 crashes randomly

AgitechAgitech Member Posts: 3
Hi all,

at a customer one of the users are experience random crashes with navision 4.0 sp1.

Its shown in the eventlog as event 1000, following is part of the errordescription: fin.exe; 4.0.1.21666; 430b4553; fin.exe; 4.0.1.21666; 430b4553; 0; 001a29dc.
I'm not shure what to look for, i have reinstalled the client and it should be mentioned that 2 other nav users are running ok.
Users is running XP SP3 and Office 2007 sp1, anything here to be aware of?
Any suggenstions/help appreciated.

regards
Agitech

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    NAV 4.00SP1 is not stable version. I recommend to do technical upgrade to NAV 4.00SP3 + last updates.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • AgitechAgitech Member Posts: 3
    Hi kine

the customer has some changes to theire Navision, can we do a technical upgrade to NAV 4.00SP3 + last updates without loosing these changes ? do we have to reinstall the changes?
    I've seen that there is some updates to sp1 - we are running 21666, can one just install the updates or do they impact the changes. Where can i obtaine the updates?

Regards
    agitech
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    "technical upgrade" is possible regardless of object version. Customer just needs to pay maintenance fee. If you are partner, you must know how to do technical upgrade. It is just reinstalling the client and opening the database with the new client. BUT!!! In some situations there are other things you need to solve.

And all Native DB Servers and applications servers must be reinstalled too.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.