Reversing Entry

pradkpradk Member Posts: 89
I want to reverse an entry which i might have posted a month back but with the condition that the reversal entry should have today's date. How do i accomplish this as currently it posts with the same date as of entries being reversed.

Do you think that just by making the posting date modifiable in the reversal entry window this can be accomplished or is there a flip side to it ?

Any Idea
Pradeep

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You could always manually reverse it as of todays date.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • pradkpradk Member Posts: 89
    I know that manually it's possible to reverse as of today's date but what i'm looking at is that the automatic feature which is available. Is it possible by just changing the posting date in the reversal window that i will be able to reverse the entry as of today.

Thanks
    I checked by just changing the posting date in the reversal window and it doesn't make any change ie it still takes the posting date of the original entries. Where can i make changes so that it takes today's date.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Reversal by its very nature means you are cancelling an entry which should happen on the same day it is created. If you wish to undo on a later date do it manually or you need to customize. I think the auditors won't like it : Same voucher number posted on 2 diff. dates.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    automatically it reverses it as it was posted - date and all - if you want to alter the date this is not a full reversal as this can go across financial periods - therefore you have to use the manual approach - there is no automatic half way house I am afraid.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    It is possible and requires a little tweaking of the system. Thanks anyways. I've managed to do it.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    When you are changing the date, it is not a true reversal at all. The transaction will effect the balance reports.
    If the original transaction is wrong or is not required at all, it must be reversed (as per the default functionality) or the transaction should be manually posted with the original date.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    Not really, depends on the requirement of the company. In my case none of the balance reports are giving incorrect results.