Adjust Cost Item Entries

KELLIKELLI Member Posts: 21
Customer upgraded from v3.7 to v5.0. Ran Adjust Cost Item Entries daily in the v3.7. When running it in v5.0 there is entries that are in closed periods to be posted. Why? If the customer was running daily in previous version and since the upgrade has this posting problem. They are running SQL too.

Comments

• KELLIKELLI Member Posts: 21
    FIFO is the costing method
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Did they have negative inventory back in the closed period?
    Hows your brother doing Alex?

Can I incorporate Inventory Periods? They are currently not using them since they just u/g. If the GL posting from date and to date is 080108..083108 but the Inventory Periods range is 120107..083108, will that allow posting of the Adjust Cost without affecting the general ledger prior periods that are closed?
    KELLI wrote:
    Hows your brother doing Alex?

Can I incorporate Inventory Periods? They are currently not using them since they just u/g. If the GL posting from date and to date is 080108..083108 but the Inventory Periods range is 120107..083108, will that allow posting of the Adjust Cost without affecting the general ledger prior periods that are closed?

If the GL posting date is 080108..083108 and you run adjust cost it should only create entries in that date range. It will create adjusting entries on the date the transaction took place except for when they are in periods you are not allowed to post to (closed accounting periods)- those should get dated which ever date you put on the options tab of the batch job.

If the GL posting to/from is setup and it is still posting outside of that range check to see if the User ID has a different allowed date range: Administration->Application Setup->Users->User Setup; the Allow Posting From/To dates in this screen will override the dates in GL Setup. If that isn't the solution then I would try the Inventory Periods.

Doug is doing well! I didn't know you were the Kelli I was responding to!
    I don't want the entries to post in prior periods that are closed for the GL. The income statement is closed and fiscal year ended. So I am asking is the Inventory Period will help with the enteries that are trying to post in periods closed for the general ledger.
    If the entries are posting in the closed period, which is outside of the G/L setup dates, then I would make sure the User Setup dates match the G/L setup dates. Other than that, I don't know if changing the inventory period would help or not, because normally the adjust cost entries are restricted by the Allow Posting From/To in G/L and User setup- if you have a test database it's worth a shot.

The only other thing I can think of is making sure the Yes/No value came across during their upgrade on the field "Entry is Adjusted" for the history.