Integrating pole display

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
hi all, a quick question...has anyone of you ever tried to integrate a pole display with navision (mainly 5.0).

Thanks

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Through which interface you have this display connected? All depends on the interface. If it is Parallel port, you can use my "Direct Printer" dll to send any data to the display with special characters (see Display manual for possible commands). If it is Serial port, you can use another dlls to send data to the system.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I never knew you could use NAV to display your pole, is that an add-on? :wink:
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    i use our pole display on serial port and / or parallel port.
    What for a problem do you has?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    What the heck is a pole display? I doubt it's the kind with dancers...
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    This little display on the cashpoint in your supermarket that shows you the price of your bought items ;-)

http://www.uniwell.com/unihtml/products ... x_pole.jpg
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Got it, thx. Clearly POS integration hasn't been something I've done :)
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Whole integration is just about sending correct data to correct port in correct time... ;-)

We are using way, when all displays are installed as "Generic Text Printer" on the correct port and we are sending the data to them through the direct printing dll to be able to send Escape sequences...

This is easies way I think, because it is working with terminal services, you can configure which "printer" to use for which user etc...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    Hi thanks for your replies, i was just asking if it can be done, will be getting hardware later on. don't know yet which interface it will be using to communicate with NAV.