Ms Dynamics Nav on Terminal Server... Need a help!

BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
Hey guys.. I need a lil bit of help.. Navision, is it possible to run this ERP with terminal server and how good solution is it? If any ideas or experience just share it to me...

Thanks a lot
MCSD
Attain Navision

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Most clients use Terminal server or citrix, they both work well.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
    Thanks...

And where i can find information and help topics about those systems?? And are there any special tricks that i gotta know about?
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • laurentiu_iroftelaurentiu_irofte Member Posts: 22
    edited 2008-09-19
    Citrix and Terminal Service allow users to conect through internet to Navision Server (the terminal machine are in the same LAN like NAV Server, the client is installed on terminal, so users work in LAN in fact)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/terminalservices/default.mspx
    Okay, I got this one...
    And what if I have a low bandwidth? How this solution will work in such a case?
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • laurentiu_iroftelaurentiu_irofte Member Posts: 22
    Becka wrote:
    Okay, I got this one...
    And what if I have a low bandwidth? How this solution will work in such a case?
    You need to have bandwidth only for use Remote Desktop Connection (with Win 2003 Terminal Service) in good conditions and for print maybe...

And i don't find any related article at bandwidth needs... i keep search :)
    okay, thanks.. Be in touch then :P
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • hardik_shahhardik_shah Member Posts: 219
    For terminal server u can use VPN connectivity also...it is also good option but
    for that u have to use high level of Server...
    At this moment my entire ERP system works through VPN, but whitout TS.. It works really slowly, that's why i need a new solution to speed up the system.. So, is TS in such a case kinda right steps?
    MCSD
    Attain Navision