Is it possible to Integrate Office communicator 2007 ?

sivaguru_ksrsivaguru_ksr Member Posts: 100
Hello,
In navision 5.0 SP1 version,is there any possibility to integrate Office communicator 2007 ?
(for making phone calls directly form navision application-->contact card)

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Hello,
    In navision 5.0 SP1 version,is there any possibility to integrate Office communicator 2007 ?
    (for making phone calls directly form navision application-->contact card)

I do not use communicator, but if you can start the call by some type of URL, you have the way... (for example opening "skype://mycontact" will start skype conversation...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    yes, it is possible. Search google for "Office communicator 2007" and "Deployment_Guide" or was it "Developers_Guide" :-k

There you can find a doc - file from microsoft. Also check if you can use the some automations (if navision can handle the communicator dlls)

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • sivaguru_ksrsivaguru_ksr Member Posts: 100
    I have installed SDK for office communicator...
    then,i tried using automation variable in navision ''Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 API Type Library'.IMessenger"

but,i am not abe to create an instance of it because of following error:

'Could not create an instance of OLE control or automation server identified by
    GUID={2B3117E1D-50E5-4F5E-A3A4-FB85206EDA48} 1.0:{D50C3186-0F89-48F8-B204-3604629DEE10}:’Microsoft Office communicator 2007 API Type Libray’.Imessenger.
    check that the OLE control or automation server is correctly installed and registered'

I have also tried registering 'CommunicatorAPI.dll' file through regsvr32 option but it is also giving an error:

'C:\program files\Microsoft office communicator\SDK\CommunicatorAPI.dll was loaded ,but the dllRegisterserver entry point was not found.This file can not be registered'
  • sivaguru_ksrsivaguru_ksr Member Posts: 100
    ’Microsoft Office communicator 2007 API Type Libray’.Imessenger is an Interface object...Only because of it I am not able
    to create an Instance of it.

so,we need to create an Instance of ’Microsoft Office communicator 2007 API Type Libray’.messenger' for Integarting with Navision.

i am able to integrate Instant Messaging option with conatct card...and it is working fine

now, i am trying to integrate Phone call options...