Need a lil bit of help!! How the system works out...

BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
Hi all... I'm a Ms Dynamics Nav developer and i have questions about how i have to find that Nav system works correctly.. For example: How I gotta find SQL performance? How to increase Object Cache, and if it is good solution for Nav to work better? If any ideas or any experience with that kinda stuff please be so kind and just share it with me..
Thanks a lot
MCSD
Attain Navision

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Your question is very generic.

I would do this:
    Start reading the pdf-files coming with the installation-CD.
    When you encounter something of which you want to know more, search for in on the forum. Probably you will find more info.
    You can also check out the How-to and the Navision Tips&Tricks forums to have more info.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Becka wrote:
    Hi all... I'm a Ms Dynamics Nav developer and i have questions about how i have to find that Nav system works correctly.. For example: How I gotta find SQL performance? How to increase Object Cache, and if it is good solution for Nav to work better? If any ideas or any experience with that kinda stuff please be so kind and just share it with me..
    Thanks a lot

It is hard to give you easy answer. All this around is know-how which you need to collect through experiences, manuals, learning, reading mibuso... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
    SQL Server Profiler - is it the only way for analysis?
    MCSD
    Attain Navision