NAV 5.00 SP1 running on Windows 2000 server (citrix).

David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
Does anyone have any experience running 5.00 SQL clients on Win 2000 and citrix? The client is very happy with their Citrix server and are not interested in fixing something that is not broken.

Basic testing shows that 5.00 runs fine, but I was wondering about opinions or experience in this matter.
David Singleton

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    So I guess I will be the first one to try.

I will let you all know on Monday if it works or not \:D/
    David Singleton
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    our customers use citrix 4.5 and Win2003 that all works fine. Non probs.
    But i can't give u a statement what is if u use Win2000 server. Normaly there should also no problem because NAV and Citrix are also "free" for WinServer2000.
    But i know, that some citrix updates / hotfixes could bring problems for NAV. so in past there was a hotfix for Citrix and after install NAV doesn't work fine. But this was in past (2 years ago), so actuall we / our customer has no probs.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    garak wrote:
    our customers use citrix 4.5 and Win2003 that all works fine. Non probs.
    But i can't give u a statement what is if u use Win2000 server. Normaly there should also no problem because NAV and Citrix are also "free" for WinServer2000.
    But i know, that some citrix updates / hotfixes could bring problems for NAV. so in past there was a hotfix for Citrix and after install NAV doesn't work fine. But this was in past (2 years ago), so actuall we / our customer has no probs.

Regards

:?: Sorry, I really could not understand that at all :oops:

Are you saying then that you have customers running NAV 5.00 SP1 on Win 2000? I am really confused by you saying 2 years ago, since 5.00 SP1 was not around 2 years ago?
    David Singleton
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Win2003 here, seems to work fine... can't speak to Win2000 though, sorry.
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Are you saying then that you have customers running NAV 5.00 SP1 on Win 2000

Sorry, to late in the evening ....
    I mean, that our customer runs citrix 4.xx and NAV 5 on Win2003.
    He has no probs with this config. Before Nav 5 he has used Nav 4 also without probs on citrix. Before NAV he has used an other ERP on Win2000 and Citrix (don't ask me which version). So there was also no probs between Citrix and Win2000. It's possible that you get an error when the .Net Framework is not correct. Boh i need coffee .....
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    garak wrote:
    Are you saying then that you have customers running NAV 5.00 SP1 on Win 2000
    I mean, that our customer runs citrix 4.xx and NAV 5 on Win2003.

And that helps me how :?:
    David Singleton
  • ptech5443ptech5443 Member Posts: 28
    Where you able to get 5.0 running on Windows 2000 with citrix server? I have a client that wants to get 5.0 SP1 running on Windows 2000 with Citrix.