Text on copy <> text on original report

SinaSina Member Posts: 33
Hi I'm new with NAV and I have a problem.
When I want to print a report with a copy-report, then the payment discount on the copy is printed 2 times whereas the payment discount on the original report works fine. I think it has something to do with the copyloop...Does anybody know where I have to search? :|

Thanks.
Sina

Comments

• TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
    You are running something called copy-report, is that a specific report? How do you do that?
    Professional Navision Developer
  • SinaSina Member Posts: 33
    What do you mean with that???
    Sina
  • TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
    What is copy-report?
    Professional Navision Developer
    I mean when I want to print a report and then go in the printing option and say 1 copy (of this report). So the original report gets printed and after it a copy (with normally the same content) gets printed. But in my case the content is not the same as printed on the original report.
    Sina
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Sina,

Sound like a :bug: in the dataitem "copyloop" of the report. I would normally tell users to print the report and select the no. of prints in the printer dialog box. The copy loop is normally used to print the original and then copies having something like "Copy" printed
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Sina wrote:
    Hi I'm new with NAV and I have a problem.
    When I want to print a report with a copy-report, then the payment discount on the copy is printed 2 times whereas the payment discount on the original report works fine. I think it has something to do with the copyloop...Does anybody know where I have to search? :|

Thanks.

Payment discount is not on standard NAV report where copyloop is used. It sounds like the programmer forgot to reset the value of the payment discount on the modified report.
    I try to explain a little bit more detailed. When I want to print the report, go into the printer dialogue box and then choose for example 2 copies. Then the original report is printed and after it the 2 copies with the text "copy" on it. On the original the payment discount is calculated correctly but on the copies the payment discount is first calculated correctly and behind the text the payment discount is multiplied with 2 on the first copy, on the 2nd copy the payment discount is multiplied with 3 and so on. Thats why I think it has something to do with copyloop. When the trigger runs the first time the calculation is normal, the 2nd time it is multiplied with 2 and so on? #-o
    Sina