How to count the times that a field change

LeroyLeroy Member Posts: 199
Hello to all, I'd like to know how can I do the following thing.
In the lines of the purchase orders I have the field Confirmation Date where we put the date considered of material reception; sometimes this date changes. It would want to know if there is some way to be able to visualize or to enter the times that have changed this date, a species of registry. I have checked it from "Change log" but it does not finish working well, does not reflect all the changes to me that I do, also I need somethig easy for the users. Does somebody knows if there is some other way?.
Thank you very much and a greeting.

Comments

• philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    What about the Change Log ?
    Every time a user change a field in a record or the record itself, Navision can keep a trace of the change. It's a standard and very usefull function.
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • LeroyLeroy Member Posts: 199
    Thanks for reply, as I say on my last post I've already try it, but it seems don't work well.
    On configuring Change log I put the table and the field, and mark "log insertion" and "log modification". When I insert the date on first time the log record it and puts the date, but that's all, if I change the date it doesn't appears reflected on change log, though I've market it as I said. May be I do something wrong?.
    Thanks.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Leroy wrote:
    Thanks for reply, as I say on my last post I've already try it, but it seems don't work well.
    On configuring Change log I put the table and the field, and mark "log insertion" and "log modification". When I insert the date on first time the log record it and puts the date, but that's all, if I change the date it doesn't appears reflected on change log, though I've market it as I said. May be I do something wrong?.
    Thanks.

Well I guess this is a custom field, and maybe it is updated based on expected receipt date or something like that. Maybe you are triggering it incorrectly.
    David Singleton
  • LeroyLeroy Member Posts: 199
    Thanks both. I'll try with another field or table.
    Thanks for help.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I was thinking a new field myself -
    onValidate of date field
    "Times Changed" := "Times Changed" +1;
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    i would add it to onmodify trigger. and compare xrec to rec
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    If you decide to use trigger you'll have to think of cases where the value is modified by another validation / action and weather the modification called the OnModify Trigger... It will require a lot of work to be sure you'll get it right.