"The Reservation Entry does not exist" error in pi

FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
I'm getting the following message when trying to register a warehouse pick. We get it from time-to-time with no clear logic that I can see.
---------------------------
Microsoft Dynamics NAV
The Reservation Entry does not exist. 

Identification fields and values:

Entry No.='34289',Positive='Yes'

OK   

I have looked into it, and it's correct - Reservation Entry 34289 is indeed not marked as positive. It is related to the Sales Order on which I'm trying to ship/pick.

I can tell you that I had to modify this pick so that it would pick specific lots that we needed to ship. I also had to "Split Lines" on some of them.

The code is erroring on the following line in codeunit 99000831 in the ModifyItemTrackingOnTempRec trigger
ReservEntry1.GET(ReservEntry1."Entry No.", NOT ReservEntry1."Positive");

Has anyone see this, and do you know of a fix? It's preventing us from completing several picks/shipments.

Thanks.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Fisherman wrote:
    I'm getting the following message when trying to register a warehouse pick. We get it from time-to-time with no clear logic that I can see.
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

OK   

I have looked into it, and it's correct - Reservation Entry 34289 is indeed not marked as positive. It is related to the Sales Order on which I'm trying to ship/pick.

I can tell you that I had to modify this pick so that it would pick specific lots that we needed to ship. I also had to "Split Lines" on some of them.

The code is erroring on the following line in codeunit 99000831 in the ModifyItemTrackingOnTempRec trigger
    ReservEntry1.GET(ReservEntry1."Entry No.", NOT ReservEntry1."Positive");

Has anyone see this, and do you know of a fix? It's preventing us from completing several picks/shipments.

Thanks.

Are you using eShip? I have seen this happen in an environment with eShip and Warehousing. Basically something goe wrong during one of the numerous commits.

Generally you need to delete and recreate the reservation to fix it.
    David Singleton
  • FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
    David-

I am using E-Ship and E-Receive.

How do I go about deleting and recreating the reservation? Just run the "Reserve" function on the Sales Order, and "Cancel from current line", and then "Reserve from current line"?

Do you know if there a codefix for whatever is causing this?
    Fisherman wrote:
    David-

I am using E-Ship and E-Receive.

How do I go about deleting and recreating the reservation? Just run the "Reserve" function on the Sales Order, and "Cancel from current line", and then "Reserve from current line"?

Do you know if there a codefix for whatever is causing this?

Yes just unresere and re reserve, though occasionaly that will give you an error, but it generally works.

No I don't know of a fix for it. The thing is that CodeUnit 80 is full of Commits, and there are situations where a transaction is not completed.
    David Singleton
    David -

I went to the Sales Order, chose "Functions" -> Reserve, and then "Functions" -> "Cancel Reservations from Current Line". I got the following message:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    There are no reservations to cancel.
    OK   

Then, I went to "Functions" -> "Reserve from Current Line". This is the message I received:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

OK   

I get the same message if I do an Auto Reserve.

Should I just delete the reservation entry that it's referencing manually and then recreate it?
    The thing is that CodeUnit 80 is full of Commits, and there are situations where a transaction is not completed

Wow, that's no good. I've been programming for several years now (outside of NAV), and that's programming 101...
    Fisherman wrote:
    The thing is that CodeUnit 80 is full of Commits, and there are situations where a transaction is not completed

Wow, that's no good. I've been programming for several years now (outside of NAV), and that's programming 101...

CU80 on its own is OK, the issue is when you have auto posting set on in eShip. Its not a "bug" in either, its just an "issue" with how they interact.

Ideally CU80 neeeds to be rewriten without any commits, (ie it needs to be more granular) and thecommits should be external so that developers can determine for them selves what needs to be committed.
    David Singleton
    Its not a "bug" in either, its just an "issue" with how they interact.

I'll take your word on that one.

Any ideas on deleting the reservation entry and trying to register again? I'm creating a database backup to test.
    Fisherman wrote:
    Its not a "bug" in either, its just an "issue" with how they interact.

I'll take your word on that one.

Any ideas on deleting the reservation entry and trying to register again? I'm creating a database backup to test.

Deleting the reservation entry is probably the only way. Be carefull that you do it right though. I hate to say to do this, but I don't see another solution.

By the way I was just thinking, I have very little experience with eReceive, (mostky I work with eShip), but thinking it though, since this is a positive entry missing, then possibly what happened, was the purchase order was reserved against a sales order, and the error happened when the order was posted, that the entry was not converted from the purchase order to the Item ledger entry.

I would (before deleting anything) see if you can find any reservationsentries that have source no or the original Purch order no or the reciept. It may still be there but with a different entry no.
    David Singleton
    David -

OK. I deleted the reservation entry in a test environment, and was able to register the pick, and post the shipment correctly.

I'm going to follow up with Lanham on this. I need to understand how this happens, and why it's not classified as a bug if the software is being operated as designed and is generating unexpected results - primarily because the users cannot be expected to manually delete reservation entries.

Thanks for the help.
    Oops - saw that one only too late. If we see it again, I'll look for that, but I'm still going to look for Lanham for a solution to clean up the reservation entries in the edge conditions.
    Fisherman wrote:
    Oops - saw that one only too late. If we see it again, I'll look for that, but I'm still going to look for Lanham for a solution to clean up the reservation entries in the edge conditions.

I don;t think you wil get anywhere with that. For one thing, its impossible to replicate, so its going to be very hard to show this as an issue.
    David Singleton
    maybe - we are seeing them once every other day or so, so I can get another example.

I've already kicked it up to my partner for them to contact Lanham, so we'll see what they say.