Must not specify Applies-to ID

tdlovelltdlovell Member Posts: 13
When I try suggesting vendor payments, I get an error stating "I must not specify Applies-to ID in Vendor Ledger Entry no.=24835. Can some help me resolve this issue?

Thank You

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    sounds like the applied-to id is already filled in - you need to go to that entry & clear it.

if you know what vendor it's for - go to payment journal - enter that vendor - Shft-f9 click on the line that has the apply-to-id field filled in & hit f9 to clear.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from Upcoming version NAV forum to Navision forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• titantektitantek Member Posts: 50
    I am experiencing the same issue but do not know the vendor. How can you find the vendor causing the issue?

thanks
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    go to a vendor - drill into balance

Show All (Shft-Ctrl-F7)

filter in Applies-to ID <>'' (not equal to blank)

you'll see then entries that have this field filled in.

You can clear it there.

NOTE: double check that there is not a payment journal batch that has these entries & were simply not posted yet.
  • titantektitantek Member Posts: 50
    Our organization has a few thousand vendors so that may not be the most feasible option, although it does sound like the most accurate means of resolving the problem.

I’ve just been notified that the problem does not appear to exist now so. I would still like to gain a better understanding of what may have resolved the issue, or if it is actually resolved.

thanks again
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you run the vendor ledger entry table and filter on "Applies to ID" <> ''

this will give you all vendor ledger that have the field filled in.

When a user applies entries, the field gets marked on Vendor Ledger. So that when the journal is posted it is applied the Vendor Ledger.

You could get the error, if the user has another journal open and was trying to apply it, then another use in another batch is running suggest vendor payment.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n