Evil Invoice Problem

djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
So, here is what happened. A Purchase Invoice was created with one line, a G/L Account line (I've been trying to stop them from doing this). It was fully "received" (quotes because it's a G/L line) without a Job No. in the line.

Somehow, a job number now exists in the invoice line, and I can't delete it because it's already been received, and I can't invoice it, because the receipt job no. doesn't match up.

Bonus: I can't Undo Receipt because it's not an Item line

Thoughts?
"OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
"Show All..."
"Oh..."

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    djswim wrote:
    So, here is what happened. A Purchase Invoice was created with one line, a G/L Account line (I've been trying to stop them from doing this). It was fully "received" (quotes because it's a G/L line) without a Job No. in the line.

Somehow, a job number now exists in the invoice line, and I can't delete it because it's already been received, and I can't invoice it, because the receipt job no. doesn't match up.

Bonus: I can't Undo Receipt because it's not an Item line

Thoughts?

I'm confused, it was received without a Job No. in the line, but it has a Job No. in the line? What error are you getting when you are trying to invoice? Can you link it to the correct Job No. back in the Purchase Invoice Line table? If so I would do that since there is no transaction posted from Receiving a G/L line there wouldn't be any audit trail ramifications. (Or delete the existing Job No. if you don't want it on the line).
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Yes, received w/o a Job No. (or at least it didn't transfer to the Purch. Receipt, one of the two)

The error I'm getting is "Job No. must be <Job No.> in Purchase Receipt <PR#> Line <Line#>"

I've tried both putting the line number in the PR Line Table and removing the Job No. from the Purchase Line Table from the backend in test, to no avail...

At this point I don't care if I have to cancel the whole thing a redo it, it's just in a state of limbo right now. Unfortunately I can't even figure out how to cancel it.

This may be premature, but:

:bug: ?
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
    I'm reviving this because it's still not resolved and accounting finally tracked me down again about it because it's month end. Any ideas? I'll probably end up having to submit this to MS through my partner but thought I'd ask.
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    CU90
    OnRun()
    PurchRecptLine.TESTFIELD("Job No.",PurchLine."Job No.");

:(

Looks like it's stock... which is what I imagined... my question is how the #@$(* did it get in there like that? If I can't fix it (superuser, partial dev access), how did they break it?!?
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."