Error when using RecordID as function parameter

Theo_van_de_VenTheo_van_de_Ven Member Posts: 22
Error message: Voor de expressie recordID kan geen typeconversie worden uitgevoerd naar een recordID waarde.

In English this would be something like: For the expression recordID no typeconversion can be done to a recordID value.

This occurs on a database that was upgraded from C/Side 3.70 to 4.0 SP3 on SQL 2000 in combination of a 4.0 SP3 client running on a Vista SP1 PC with the VistaRollup package installed.

The error occurs on entry of the following procedure:

GfncRecIDToText(PridRecID : RecordID;VAR VtxtRecID : Text[250];VAR VintTableNo : Integer)
LrrfRecord := PridRecID.GETRECORD;
LrrfRecord.SETRECFILTER;
VtxtRecID := LrrfRecord.GETPOSITION(FALSE);
VintTableNo := PridRecID.TABLENO;

Prior to the call to this function the RecordID parameter is filled correctly.

On a XP SP2 PC with Nav 4.0 SP3 client, no error occurs when doing exactly the same on the same database.

Today I discovered an additional problem. When I change the PridRecID to a Var variable and close the table it compiles ok. When I reopen the table with this function in it and change the variable PridRecID back to a normal pass-by-value parameter I cannot compile the object anymore.

Following error occurs: Typeconversie is niet mogelijk omdat een van de zijden van een niet toegestaan type is. RecordID := RecordID

In English this would be something like: Typeconersion is not possible because one side is of a type that is not allowed. RecordID := RecordID

Does anyone have a clue?
Theo van de Ven
Technical Consultant | System Administrator

Rainbow Crossmedia BV
Bosmanskamp 63
4191MT Geldermalsen

Comments