Company Type when create new company

podollypodolly Member Posts: 84
Hi all,

Trying to setup the NAV5.0, and found that it prompted for the company type. I tried to choose "Machinery" and after the default setup, I studied the No. series. For some series, such as Vendor Credit Memos, Deposits, I cannot find where they are used, do every No. series used in the system? Or some are there for suggestions only?

I know that it will be good to set this up by ourselves instead of using the defaults, but I want to study how the new version changed and as a reference, that's why I want to know if all No. series set from the template are used somewhere.

Thanks.

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    First of all, search this website for No. Series and you will find lots of good articles about it.

Just as an example:
    Go to Sales & Marketing, Setup, open the Sales & Receivables Setup form and click on the Numbering tab. In there you see where the numbering series are set up in the sales area. So there is one set up under Customer Nos., which means that every time a user wants to insert a customer, it will use that numbering series for the next number.

If you want to know exactly how that works, open the customer card, turn on the debugger and insert a new customer. The debugger will take you through all the code, and you can figure out from there how to apply it to other areas.