NAV 4.0 SP3 installation in Vista

MrinmayMrinmay Member Posts: 74
Hi Experts,
I am trying to install NAV 4.0 SP3 in vista. I have one setup file for that. but problem is that , after installation when i am trying to open the client it is giving error saying that..

Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision
The country code in the license file does not correspond to the country code (IN) in the STX file.

OK

Can anyone tell me, how to solve the problem??

FYI: i already install NAV 5.0 in the same system.

Thanks in advance.

Regards'
Mrinmay

Comments

• KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    Did you have Nav 4.0 Sp3 Update 6?

The country code in the license file does not correspond to the country code (IN) in the STX file. <-- and for that, do you have the demo licence which have all the countries or a localized licence for (IN)?
    K.S.
  • remarkremark Member Posts: 122
    Hello Mrinmay,
    Mrinmay wrote:

This coud be the problem.

I've experienced similar situation after I had installed W1 version of NAV on my computer, then uninstalled it and then installed localized (Russian) version of NAV on the same machine. The problem is that some files have been left on the hard disk after uninstalling and they have been not overwritten during new installation so causing an error if there is country code conflict between them.
    After I uninstalled NAV once again, removed those files manually (don't remember for sure but it seems it was fin.flf and maybe some else) and made a new installation - everything became OK.

If your previous version of NAV was Worldwide (W1) and the current one is Indian (or vice versa) - try it, maybe you'll succeed.

Regards
    remark wrote:
    Hello Mrinmay,
    Mrinmay wrote:

This coud be the problem.

I've experienced similar situation after I had installed W1 version of NAV on my computer, then uninstalled it and then installed localized (Russian) version of NAV on the same machine. The problem is that some files have been left on the hard disk after uninstalling and they have been not overwritten during new installation so causing an error if there is country code conflict between them.
    After I uninstalled NAV once again, removed those files manually (don't remember for sure but it seems it was fin.flf and maybe some else) and made a new installation - everything became OK.

If your previous version of NAV was Worldwide (W1) and the current one is Indian (or vice versa) - try it, maybe you'll succeed.

Regards

Uninstall wont remove the database and zupfiles afaik, not sure about other files :-k
    K.S.
  • MrinmayMrinmay Member Posts: 74
    i already installed NAV 5.0 then i am trying to install NAV4.0
    i need to uninstall NAV5.0?

Regards'
    mrinmay
    I'm not 100% sure in which order they should be installed to work correctly together. But I installed my 4.0 SP3 and patched it and then installed 5.0 Sp1 as new installation option. Both in their own default folders and then fixed the shortcuts to use different zup file and they worked fine.
    (I have outlook and I use gant server so I chose those on the 5.1 installation)
    K.S.
  • remarkremark Member Posts: 122
    I'm not sure as well.
    Interesting question. Share please with us your experience on the way of solving this problem.
    Look at this topic, perhaps it'll help:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24181

Regards
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just remove fin.flf from your client folder. You do not need it there... and you will not have this problem...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.