FIFO based Issue

krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
Hi

My client wants the system to issue or suggest stock automatically based on FIFO basis. Is it possible?

Please let me know

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Define automatically.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
    Hi

Where to define it "Automatically"? Please elaborate
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    I think that you aware of Costing method .

In item card u have tab invoicing Tab there is a Field Costing method . here u should select the costing method.

what ever the costing method u selected syatem will automatically iss ue material at the time of sales .

Mateial issue will work based on the Application method of Costing method.

For example FIFO, AVERAGE has the application method is Fitst in first out. but when it comes to cost it will differ.

Costing method not only use to issue materials, mainly it is used for cost of your items at the time of sale.
    Based on the costing method it will caluclate the item cost what u sold.

So please keep in about this and shpould ask your client about their previous costing method.

Let's see what STEVEN will say on this.....
    reema
  • krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
    Hi Reema

I am aware of the costing method and i know its implications. My requirement was that If i had selected the costing method as "FIFO". based on the date of receipt of an item, the system should start pushing it on FIFO basis automatically.

Can that happen automatically by the system or atleast suggest the first ones for me to choose?

Please clarify
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    System will automatically post the transaction based on the method selected. If you want system to popup the list of transaction that will be applied, then you need to customize.
    Why you want such a thing, list will slow the posting time taken by the user.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in