Options

start trigger from extern programm! possible?

GrimmReaperGrimmReaper Member Posts: 3
edited 2004-06-29 in Navision Financials
Hi!

I'm new here and have a very important question:

I have an application that write data through ODBC/SQL into a Navision 2.6 DB. This works fine.
But now to my question:
In navision it's possible that I can add triggers to fields, and If I type in some values on the GUI, the triggers are executed!!
Is it possible that I can start this triggers manually, if i insert a value from my extern application into the navision DB (without using the GUI)??
I phoned with a supporthotline in Austria, but they said it isn't possible!! because the triggers are only activated if I interact with the GUI!!

Can anybody help or does anybody know a workaround??

best regards
Daniel

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Triggers will only be executed when your code is run inside Navision. Therefore, a Navision Application Server is available to have a client run without GUI.

Search this forum for "Application Server" or "NAS". Search also the available downloads: there are some white papers available describing NAS.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    GrimmReaperGrimmReaper Member Posts: 3
    ok, I've checked the system and found out that no NAS is available. So my question - is there any possibility to do it without NAS?

if there is no other way, i must fetch a NAS to solve this problem

thx for your replys
    Daniel
  • Options
    michael_cohenmichael_cohen Member Posts: 3
    It's reallyt not possible to execute navision Trigger outside Navision.
    Just because Navision is an "interpreted" (pseudo compiled).
    when you write a trigger in navision the trigger is written in navision language not in sql.
    There is no workaround. You have to programm the same thing in your program or insert a trigger in the sql table (but in my opinion it's not recommended) because Navision use the sql trigger for the calculation of the SIFT.

Kind regards
    Michael
    m.cohen@egencia.com
    Responsable Back Office

+33 (0) 1 73 01 01 36
    +33 (0) 6 12 49 84 15
    www.egencia.fr