Change License

RS8RS8 Member Posts: 121
How to change my existing license with the new license file for Navision SQL server option. Server alone?

Comments

• toootooo Member Posts: 138
    Go to Tools > Licence Information and import the new licence.
  • RS8RS8 Member Posts: 121
    After Restarting Serve which license will be active? old / new.
    When using SQL you just have to import the licence, should be no need to restart the service or server.
    As far as i know the licence is kept in SQL, i could be wrong on that though!?
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    No that's not correct. On SQL Server, the Import option does not import the license into the database. All that that does is copy the license into the client installation folder. To install the license onto SQL Server you do Tools, License Information, and then from there you click the 'Upload' button, browse to the license and hit OK.
  • RS8RS8 Member Posts: 121
    thk u all...
    DenSter wrote:
    No that's not correct. On SQL Server, the Import option does not import the license into the database. All that that does is copy the license into the client installation folder. To install the license onto SQL Server you do Tools, License Information, and then from there you click the 'Upload' button, browse to the license and hit OK.
    Thanks for that! :D
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    edited 2008-09-15
    <Deleted by user for being incorrect.>

<-1 gold star>
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
    No, upload is there specifically for SQL Server. There is only one way, and one way only, to put a NAV license onto SQL Server, and that is by using the upload option. To change the license for the active session only, you use the 'Change' option.

When running a NAV client connected to a stand alone database file or connected to a SQL Server database, the Import option puts the license in the client installation folder. When connected to a native C/SIDE database server, it will put the license in the server installation folder, which will automatically be picked up for all users that are connected to the C/SIDE server.

The 'Import' option should be removed from finsql.exe, it only causes confusion.
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    What about the option Save License in database (uder Database -> Alter)? Does it affect whether the license is saved with the database?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    By default, the license is stored in the Master database. You can purchase the granule that allows you to store the license in the database itself. Then regardless of the setting of that property, you use the 'Upload' option to actually put the license onto your SQL Server. That setting merely determines where it is saved.