Warehouse module Location problems

idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
Anybody has any idea why the Warehouse Shipments, Posted Shipments, Picks, Registered Picks, including the Lists etc do not show all Locations for all assigned Warehouses to a Warehouse Employee? The user is already set as Warehouse Employee for all Locations.
What is the idea behind this filter on open Form, which is set to the last Location used by the Warehouse Employee?
This has been simulated in Cronus.
NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Hit F5 button instead of vcr button up arrow (list)
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    So why must F5 be specially invoked?
    What is the idea behind the whole design?

What impact does this has on other parts of the system if the filters were removed?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

I never spent the time to find the difference.

As far as removing the filters. There is none. It just helps people to be in right location.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    If hitting the list VCR button and F5 have different results, chances are that the menu selection with the shortcutkey F5 is programmed to do something in addition to just doing a 'LookupTable'. Run the debugger, hit F5, see what happens. This will only tell you WHAT happens though, not WHY it happens.
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Typically a warehouse employee will be in the same location as last time... if you're using locations for different areas of a warehouse this isn't the case, but ultimately that's not how locations were designed to be used, so as a result you have this.

F5 seems like a pretty easy workaround, all things considered... may be the easiest workaround in the entire WMS module :wink:
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
    Seems like some assumptions were made, probably with regards to physical proximity of locations as well as warehouse supervisors, that's why the design is such...
    To quote a signature
    "List..."
    "NOTHING"
    "F5"
    "Oh..."
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

I see it as a feature. Although an undocumented feature. :mrgreen:
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    idiot wrote:
    Seems like some assumptions were made, probably with regards to physical proximity of locations as well as warehouse supervisors, that's why the design is such...
    To quote a signature
    "List..."
    "NOTHING"
    "F5"
    "Oh..."

Exactly... don't get me wrong, WMS is one of my favorite things to implement, but there is stuff like this that will make you ](*,)
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    WHM is not that bad once you get the hang of it. Although there are some :bug: with it...
    True to a sense where the warehouse operations must be simple...
    And no warehouse supervisors who oversees everything :lol:
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    A lot of this is left over from 2.60AD, so the logic behind it is sometimes long lost.

Personally I would rather not have this filter. BUT definitely it causes less errors on the warehouse by having it. Logically the computer used for shipping picking etc is in the actual location, so it fits the logical model.

The issue is more that a/ it is different to the rest of Navision, and b/ its confusing if you want to use eShip to ship one order from multiple locations.

Hint hint Per if you are reading this ... eShip an order from multiple locations hint hint.....
    David Singleton