Partial payments not registering on work date

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
We have a client who sells some matierial over the counter - a small amount beside normal sales sent by shipment - but we have to set up something to handle the payments for these sales.

They tipically have to order the item but take a deposit. So the order has a prepayment against it. When the item is recieved the client comes in a pays the remaining amount.

We are calling the standard prepayment handling routines in codeunit 442.

Everything works fine except for a problem with dates.
Example
If the client makes the deposit on, say, the 11th and comes back on the 12th and pays the balance, then both payments are registered on the 11th.

The problem
I need to know the payments which have been made on a particular date - typically the payments made today. This is to control the amount which has been paid in cash or in credit card to make sure noone is pocketing money.

I've been digging through the codeunits but still haven't found where this is being done yet.

Would anyone know if this behaviour can be changed though an option somewhere?

Is there any good reason to have the posting date of the payments the same as the posting date of the document, rather than using the working date as the posting date of the payments? i.e will I break something fundamental if I change this behaviour to use the working date?

Ian

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Can't we track the cash receipts from the cash account? This will always give the balance as per posting date.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    At the end of a day how can you tell what the changes were - the idea is to compare a physical POS with the movements in the system. The balance will tell the total - the problem is that the movement dates are wrong.

There is no way of saying

'yesterday you had X at close of business, today we've recieved Y, this morning someone took Z to the bank therefore the balance should be so much.' helping us do the check 'Does this match the physical POS?'

Ian
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    Worked out a solution - my problem was that everything was being posted on the same date in the past.

Solution? I just changed the posting date in the document header. Now I know when the payments are made, simple.

Anyone see any problem with doing this?

Ian