Manufacturing: alternative operations.

zutzuzutzu Member Posts: 86
Dynamics NAV 5:
Defining routings, each operation can have one or more alternative operations.
From planning worksheets, functions, calculate regenerative plan, if it is needed, it creates one production order of an item with the routing.
When does this routing have the standard operation or the alternative operation?

Another question:
do alternative operations exist in NAV 4.0?

Thanks

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    I can't see that ther is any function for alternative operations either in NAV 5.0 or 4.0?
    Is it not routing versions you mean? Where you can have versions of the routing for example if you sometimes use subcontractor for the operations. Only one version can be active at time and it's the starting date of the version that decides what routing version is used when you run the plan.
    In manufacturing, product design, routing.
    You select one operation (one of the grid) and operation button, alternatives.
    You can select an alternative (different work center).
    And when an production order is generated, it will choose for that operation the first work center (for that operation) or the alternative operation, with another work center.
    My question, why Dynamics NAV choose the first or the alternative?
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    No I'dont have that choice in standard 5.0SP1. You're not usig the FCS addon from Olivia Sistemas? In that addon you have that choice. Look at form 99000766 if there is any changes made there.
    But i thought that it was standard (alternative operation).

Thank you very much, noname.