Multiple client access to local NAV database

mjrogersmjrogers Member Posts: 59
I'm not sure if this is just my environement but with NAV 5.0 SP1 I can access the same local database with multiple clients. Usually (and with 5.0 this is still true) you receive a "database in use" error message.

Can anyone confirm this?
TecSA Malaysia

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. -
David Brent

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, I tested, and it is working. If I open database file directly with two clients on same PC, it is working and I can change the data and the changes are visible in the second client. It seems that the client is using shared DBMS library to access the database (tested on NAV 5.00SP1).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mjrogersmjrogers Member Posts: 59
    edited 2008-09-12
    Bang goes the license model ;)
    TecSA Malaysia

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. -
    David Brent
    But I did not tested to connect to the file from two different PCs...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mjrogersmjrogers Member Posts: 59
    Ah, the number of users allowed to access is still checked (so with Cronus license you can access the database twice).

Very useful for doing demo's without networked PC's or SQL running... and for training in multiple languages...
    TecSA Malaysia

David Brent
    It is working as in older versions when opening the database from different PC (file is already used), and same when you want to open another native DB from same copy of NAV client on one PC.

It means, you can open same database more times on one PC without using DB server, nothing more or less...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Thats work since 4.00
    Do you make it right, it works too!