ZEBRA Printer TLP 2844 ELP - cannot print

MADHUMADHU Member Posts: 17
Hi,

We have ZEBRA TLP 2844 - USB model printer. We need to print labels from navision. We just need to print ITEM CODE as barcode. I have checked the forum and though we found certain posts with information regards printing using ZEBRA printers, still we wcould not get it to work. I have few queries regarding ZEBRA barcode printing with the above model-
1) Can we use any Zebra fonts and print the barcode?
2) for ZEBRA is it must that we need to print using the printer commands and according to the manual - if so can one share if they have any objects.

any ideas, thots or obejcts would do a great help.

Thank you very much

Comments

• McClaneMcClane Member Posts: 40
    1) You need a special barcode-Font (EAN13, EAN128 or somethin like that - your choice) installed on your pc

2) No printer commands, just set your textbox to your Barcode-Font and use it like any report else.
  • MADHUMADHU Member Posts: 17
    i tried to work it out that way but no use.
    as such the item number itself is the barcode and length of item no is 8 and some of the item numbers start with ZERO. and if am not wrong i need to generate a barcode and i cannot just print the item number and giving the font. any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
  • niscoxniscox Member Posts: 15
    Do it as McClane said but use the simpler Code 39. Fonts are freely available e.g. http://www.logitogo.com/code39_e.zip. You just have to add an asterisk at the beginning and the end of your item number to make it a valid bar code.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Do you have test it with the printer commands?
    I use following on Zebra printers:
    "0a" := 10;
    Line1 := '${N'+FORMAT("0a")+'I8,A,049'+FORMAT("0a")+
             'A20,2,0,2,1,1,N,"'+COPYSTR(HereforExampleAnInfoField,1,20)+'"'+FORMAT("0a")+'}$';         

Line2 := '${A20,21,0,2,1,1,N,"'+COPYSTR(ForExItemDesc,1,30)+'"'+FORMAT("0a")+'}$'; 
    Line3 := '${A20,41,0,2,1,1,N,"'+ForExItemNo+'"'+FORMAT("0a")+'}$';                               
    Line4 := '${A180,41,0,2,1,1,N,"'+ ForExampleDate+'"'+FORMAT("0a")+'}$';
    Line5 := '${A15,76,0,4,2,1,N,"'+ForExamplePrice+'"'+FORMAT("0a")+'}$';                        

Line6 := '${A230,111,0,3,1,1,N,"            "'+FORMAT("0a")+'}$'; //EMPTY LINE ;-)
    Line7 := '${B20,120,0,E30,2,1,60,B,"'+ForExampleBarCode+'"'+FORMAT("0a")+'}$';                        

On Reportsection create a body with some textboxes (Line1 ... Line7).
    Please test if it work. In the manuals are other examples.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • dspasovdspasov Member Posts: 33
    hi,
    What we do - create text file, write ZPL code in it and send that file to the printer.In this way we don`t need to use any extra fonts in Navision.

Example:

afile2.CREATE('c:\BTC1.txt');
    afile2.TEXTMODE(TRUE);
    afile2.WRITEMODE(TRUE);

afile2.WRITE('^XA');
    afile2.WRITE('^MNY');
    afile2.WRITE('^LL200');
    afile2.WRITE('^PRD,D,D');
    afile2.WRITE('~SD9');
    afile2.WRITE('^LH0,10^FS');
    afile2.WRITE('^BY2,3.0^FO50,5^A0,30,30^BCN,95,Y,N,N^FR^FD>;>8'+Variable1+'^FS');
    afile2.WRITE('^FO50,145^A0,30,30^FDBatch Nr.: '+Variable2+' ^FS');
    afile2.WRITE('^PQ1');
    afile2.WRITE('^XZ');
    END;

afile2.CLOSE;

afile3.CREATE('c:\BTC1.bat');
    afile3.TEXTMODE(TRUE);
    afile3.WRITEMODE(TRUE);
    afile3.WRITE('copy c:\BTC1.txt lpt1:');
    afile3.CLOSE;
    CommandProcessor := 'c:\BTC1.bat';
    iShell := SHELL(CommandProcessor);
    hi garak

I havent tested with printer commands. Using your code i tried to print but wasnt successful it shows weird font. On the other hand i want to check with you
    1) did u use any font for the text box?
    2) did u print using the generic text printer?

if possible can you please send me the object?

thank you
    hi dspasov,

the problem is the printer we have is USB printer and not LPT and in the manual it is clearly stated that we cannot print using the generic printer to USB model ZEBRA.

thank you
  • dspasovdspasov Member Posts: 33
    Understood, but we have had same model and they were with serial ports.We also have several models by Zebra and they all have serial ports.
  • niscoxniscox Member Posts: 15
    If you enable printer sharing, you can copy the printer commands to the UNC-Path (copy c:\BTC1.txt \\yourcomputer\printer).
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    MADHU wrote:
    hi dspasov,

the problem is the printer we have is USB printer and not LPT and in the manual it is clearly stated that we cannot print using the generic printer to USB model ZEBRA.

thank you

I think you can use the "windows dos text printerdriver".
    Hi,

thank you all for the valuable inputs, at last and as always with just font we can now print from navision without any extras needed.

using this IDAutomationHC39M font everything is solved.

but always we struggled get the right font.

anyways thanks again.