Close Income Statement

djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
I just ran this and no entries... what could cause this?
"OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
"Show All..."
"Oh..."

Answers

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    djswim wrote:
    I just ran this and no entries... what could cause this?

1. You close the wrong year
    2. The closing entries has been posted, either manually or other wise
    3. You did not close the fiscal year
    4. You're in the wrong company
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Awwwww crap... opposite problem of what I thought... none of the previous months this year have been closed (this year). If I go through and close all the previous months now this is going to completely mess the numbers up, no?
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    djswim wrote:
    Awwwww crap... opposite problem of what I thought... none of the previous months this year have been closed (this year). If I go through and close all the previous months now this is going to completely mess the numbers up, no?
    There is no monthly closing in Navision, unless 1 month is 1 FY for your case.
    Monthly closing is a physical process where you announce to all to stop posting to a certain period. The only thing to do might be to change the G/L Setup Allow posting dates.
    Normally you close for the year.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    idiot wrote:
    djswim wrote:
    There is no monthly closing in Navision, unless 1 month is 1 FY for your case.
    Monthly closing is a physical process where you announce to all to stop posting to a certain period. The only thing to do might be to change the G/L Setup Allow posting dates.
    Normally you close for the year.

Financial Year should be defined in full and not in months. For blocking previous period entry combination of the following can be used:

G/L Setup Allow Posting Date along with User Setup aloow posting date.
    Date order on the voucher number series. (This will ensure that if a voucher is posted then no voucher can be posted in the earlier date).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in