Tax registration numbers change

CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
Hi again,

I work for a company in Canada that uses Navision, not an NSC or NAV VAR. I'm a trained and certified NAV developer, and we have a Developer License.

Recently we changed our Company's legal name. Thus the federal government granted us a new GST number (or VAT number, if you prefer). Our Acccounting department frequently reprints Invoices for our customers. On these reprints, they want to use our OLD GST number, and on new Invoices, they want to print our NEW GST number. Is there some way to get this done (without creating a new table with a Date sensitive number)?

Also, in Canada, we collect Provincial (or State) Sales Tax (PST). Currently, our invoices don't mention our PST number at all. The PST number we have registered in each Province is different. Is there a way table I'm not aware of to store an print this information on our Invoices?

cheers,

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Where is the GST currently being retrieved from?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    I suggest assigning the GST No. to a variable.

If the invoice document date is earlier than the GST no. change, assign the old number to the variable, otherwise the new number. Use the variable as the SourcExpr for a textbox on the invoice report.

Regarding the PST number, you could add a field to the Tax Jurisdiction table, and populate it for each province.
  • CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
    Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

The GST No. is currently stored in the "VAT Registration No." field in "Company Information" table.

Thanks Karen. After I posted I played around a little bit, and the PST "Tax Jurisdiction" solution was one I also came up with. Thanks for confirming. As for the GST, I guess that would work; I could keep the current GST number in "Company Information", and hard code the old GST No. in the report if the Document Date is older tha a certain date...

cheers,
  • Stardust77Stardust77 Member Posts: 95
    You can use another solution, other than hard coding, which is not the very best idea. Me personally, I'm against the hard coding [-X. You can add two fields in the Company Info table:

"Previous GST No." - Text20
    "GST No. Date of Change" - Date

Then, in the Report 206 (Sales - Invoice), in the OnPreDataItem trigger of the PageLoop DataItem you can write the following code:
    IF "Sales Invoice Header"."Posting Date" < CompanyInfo."GST No. Date of Change" THEN
      CompanyInfo."VAT Registration No." := CompanyInfo"Previous GST No."
    ELSE
      CompanyInfo."VAT Registration No." := CompanyInfo."VAT Registration No.";