C / A L question

doubtfiredoubtfire Member Posts: 60
Under the C/AL Symbol Menu, on the 1st column there is a variable name , when I choose the Functions I could see those functions I want. My problem is I do not know where they come from. Any ideas or hints where they are located. Thanks.

Answers

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    The question is: What for a kind of variable type :?:
    Automation :?: Record :?: Dialog :?: REcREf :?:, Codeunit :?: REport :?:, etc.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • doubtfiredoubtfire Member Posts: 60
    I don't know ! That's why I ask and could you please tell me where I could start searching ???. I have tried the "C/AL Code", "C/AL Globals".. not there .... just not there !!!!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Are you asking where the custom function names are stored?

You're not making sence to me.

View-Globals->Variable - is that what your talking about?
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    the variable has a datatype, search the corresponding object, open de object in design, go to globals/functions ... .

Something like that :?:
    :-s

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Perhaps he's looking for where
    STSTEM
    FILE
    DIALOG
    ACTION
    CODEUNIT
    FORM
    DATABASE
    DATAPORT

comes from :?:
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Hm :-k .

He should explain the "why"...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    on this reason i ask which variables he mean .....
    Thank you guys for putting questions and suggestions. The variable I am looking is "rec", which I do not know whether it is a system variable or customized variable. Could you please tell me how I can search like in this example if I do not know where "it" hides. Thank you !
    The Variable Rec (for example in a Form or a table) is the Current Record. Basicly the table on which the form is build / in table the table self. It's nat an variable that you define under Globals or locals. It's a system variable that give you access to your Current Rec. Equal there is the xRec variable in C/AL Symbel Menu. This is your CurrRec (xRec) before you make some changes on CurrRec (for example field modifications).

If you see this Variable (Rec) in a codeunit which only have the OnRun() Function, than the Rec is the Parameter. This you can see only on the Properties of this Function (OnRun())

It's that what you're looking for :?:

Regards
    Thank you for the detailed explanation. On the right side of the C/AL Symbol Menu. Where are those functions under rec--> Functiions --> functionname1... they should be hiding somewhere !?!?
    edited 2008-09-09
    These are function, which are defined in the table that the "Rec" use.

Example:

You open the form 31 in design mode. Now press F5 for C/AL Symbol menu. On the left side you see Rec in the middle "Functions" and on the right side a function like (i've no Nav here at home so i contrive here a function) "CopyItemToLine". Where can u see the source behind the function :?: Close the form (31) an go to the table of form 31 (in our case its table 27 Item). Open it in design mode. Go to the Global variables (View -> globals). Select the register Functions. Now you can see, the function from the table (the Table is defined as Rec in you form or table self)and our, contrived, function "CopyItemToLine".

Understandable ?

Regards
    Thank you again. Those functions are under the table code. I have learned a lot from YOU guys. Salute. Vielen Dank.
    Bitte, gern geschehen.

No problem. You're welcome.

So please write [Solved] infront of the subject in your first post (Button EDIT)

Regards