Combined shipment per Sell-to customer

tro#1tro#1 Member Posts: 122
We work with Nav 4 SP3 and I am looking for a possiblitity to create combined shipments per Sell-to customers.

The background is that many customers do have a "Bill-to customer". So if I run the Combine shipment report without any filters it is just creating one invoice for the "Bill-to customer". I would like to have a invoice per "Sell-to customer". Or at least have the huge invoice sorted by sell-to customers. Right now there is no indication at all which shipment was sent to which Sell-to customer.

Since there are many customers with the same "Bill-to" it is not very sufficient to run the Combined shipment report several times and filter on one separate "Sell-to" customer each time.

Is there an easy way to get this sorted automatically?

Thanks to you all

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    tro#1 wrote:
    We work with Nav 4 SP3 and I am looking for a possiblitity to create combined shipments per Sell-to customers.

The background is that many customers do have a "Bill-to customer". So if I run the Combine shipment report without any filters it is just creating one invoice for the "Bill-to customer". I would like to have a invoice per "Sell-to customer". Or at least have the huge invoice sorted by sell-to customers. Right now there is no indication at all which shipment was sent to which Sell-to customer.

Since there are many customers with the same "Bill-to" it is not very sufficient to run the Combined shipment report several times and filter on one separate "Sell-to" customer each time.

Is there an easy way to get this sorted automatically?

Thanks to you all

How do you create one invoice when they're billed to different customers? Which customer does that one invoice go to if you have mutliple bill to?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    You need to take a very srious look at your business model here. THere is soemthign seriously wrong with it.

Invoice goe to the Bill-to customer, thats what a bill to is.

Consider rethinking the way you work first, since this really sounds wrong.
    David Singleton
  • tro#1tro#1 Member Posts: 122
    I think our process is not that wrong.

The "Bill-to" gets all the invoices. That is for sure. The headquarter gets a huge invoice with all shipment sent to different "Sell-to" customers. Let`s say there is a headquarter with 10 subsidiaries. Each subsidiary received 10 shipments. The invoice to the Bill-to customer will include 100 shipments, right?

The headquarter would prefer if it could get 10 invoices: one per subsidiary. Or one huge one but sorted by subsidiary (= Sell-to customer).

Is that customer requirement that strange? It did not sound so to me. The Headquarter tells me that it might have to double check with one subsidiary because of some shipments. Then it is kind of hard to pick the shipments at the invoice because they are sorted by document number and not by Sell-to customer.
    tro#1 wrote:
    I think our process is not that wrong.

The "Bill-to" gets all the invoices. That is for sure. The headquarter gets a huge invoice with all shipment sent to different "Sell-to" customers. Let`s say there is a headquarter with 10 subsidiaries. Each subsidiary received 10 shipments. The invoice to the Bill-to customer will include 100 shipments, right?

The headquarter would prefer if it could get 10 invoices: one per subsidiary. Or one huge one but sorted by subsidiary (= Sell-to customer).

Is that customer requirement that strange? It did not sound so to me. The Headquarter tells me that it might have to double check with one subsidiary because of some shipments. Then it is kind of hard to pick the shipments at the invoice because they are sorted by document number and not by Sell-to customer.

This is quite differnt to your initial request. And yes this does make sense, and its quite common.

The issue is that you are confusing two issues, one is an invoice, which is a legal contract between two parties to pay money. The second is reporting and reconciling those invocies for authorization purposes.

I think that you need to clarify whcih is which and look more to how you need to report for approval purpose as opposed to how you need to actually create and post the invoices.
    David Singleton
  • tro#1tro#1 Member Posts: 122
    Okay, then I have to appologize that I was unclear with my first description.

If I understand correctly then you recommend to keep the sales invoice like it is - no sorting by Sell-to customer

And with the invoice an additional document should be sent to the customer which shows the shipments sorted by Sell-to customer for reporting and reconciling issue.

Do I understand correctly?
    tro#1 wrote:
    Okay, then I have to appologize that I was unclear with my first description.

If I understand correctly then you recommend to keep the sales invoice like it is - no sorting by Sell-to customer

And with the invoice an additional document should be sent to the customer which shows the shipments sorted by Sell-to customer for reporting and reconciling issue.

Do I understand correctly?

Yes that sounds like the way to do it. You might even want to create a new table "Invoice consolidation" that links the sales inv headers and lines to gether for sorting purposes.

Invoice Consolidation
    --> Sales Inv. Header
    -- -- > Sales Inv. Line

If you add invoice Consolidation No. to the sales line you can easily print a report that consolidates everthing together.

PS no need to appologize. :mrgreen: Important is just that we get all the facts so we can give the correct advise.
    David Singleton