Link to All NAV (Windows) Versions

garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
edited 2009-06-27 in NAV Tips & Tricks
Here an URL to the partnersource Site where you can find all
Navision versions (not 3.55 / 3.56). The site is only for partners.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false

Regards
Do you make it right, it works too!

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    This database archive is indeed very useful.

Here is another archive: Upgrade Toolkit Archive

I keep a list of "useful links" on my blog as well... . Just search for the "platform updates". Most of them are indeed links to partnersource.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    garak wrote:
    Here an URL to the partnersource Site where you can find all
    Navision versions (not 3.55 / 3.56). The site is only for partners.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false

Regards

=D>

Nice find.
    David Singleton
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    But there are only US (NA) versions... not W1... :-k

I need W1 2.6 and 2.01....
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:

I have those on CD, but not here, but can get them in a week if that will do.
    David Singleton
    kine wrote:

Ok, I will be happy to have them (to make some stats over them and compare it with newer versions...).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    kine wrote:

Ok, I will be happy to have them (to make some stats over them and compare it with newer versions...).

I also have 3.55 if you want to go that far back. Actually I also have Czech Version of 3.04 but its on a floppy ("a" as in ONE 1.4meg floppy) if you are interested and can read it.

3.55 I can just create a backup and you can restore it into NAV 2009
    David Singleton
    No thanks, 2.x> is enough for me... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • arcullarcull Member Posts: 191
    Hi, does anyone know where also old navision clients could be found, since there are only databases on the mentioned link. Thanks in advance
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can create a database with any client version, as long as the client version is the same as or newer than the database version. The objective of that archive is to provide the original database objects to support upgrades.

All supported versions of the installation binaries can be found in the download area on partnersource.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    One thing to watch out for is that older version allowed the same name for reports, and that was changed later. So if you have same name reports, you need to change them.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    I gues we're not talking about the same thing DenSter. My question was not about creating a new database but openning an old one. How can one for instance open the database v 2.00 without having the appropriate client for it? I have the client 2.6 but that does not allow me to open the 2.00 database, that's why I wonder if there is any archive of old clients available.Thanks once again.
    I know exactly what you mean :). You can open a 2.0 database woth a 2.6 client, you just need to convert it to that version. It will work exactly the same.

Again, those databases are there only to provide original base objects for upgrade projects, not as base databases for new implementations. The first step in an upgrade is to open the 'old version' database with the 'new version' NAV client.
    Thanks DenSter, but still I don't get it how you do that. Maybe I'm missing something but... I have client Navision Financials SI 2.60.C and would like to open the database "US Navision Financials 2.00". How can I acchieve that? If I start the client and try to open the database, I get an error saying something like "With this version of program you can not gain access to this database". I know that in minor changes of client versions there was possibillity to convert the database to a new version, actually you were prompted to do so when you tried to open an older database, but this unfortunatelly is not always so. I remeber doing an upgrade like that, I think it was that from 4.0 to 4.0 SP2, but with older versions of nav clients this possibilities of upgrading are very rare. So in order to get original objects from older databases I must have the appropriate client for them. Does anyone know where these clients can be downloaded, since on the partner source there are no versions older than 3.6 I gues? Thanks again for your help.
    I am quite positive that it is possible to open a 2.0 database with a 2.6 client, and that it will ask you to convert the database. The message that you can't open a database with a certain version I think happens when you try to open a NEWER version database with an OLDER version client.

If you say it's not possible though you must have tried it, and I'll take your word for it :mrgreen: Unfortunately I don't have a 2.0 database to see if I can make it work.
    I solved the issue :) On the partnersource link which garak supplied there is also a client US 2.01B among the databases which opens my 2.00 database, and also some older onse like 1.10, but first you must convert the database of course.
    Excellent, glad you made it work :mrgreen:
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    :D
    DenSter wrote:
    I am quite positive that it is possible to open a 2.0 database with a 2.6 client, and that it will ask you to convert the database. The message that you can't open a database with a certain version I think happens when you try to open a NEWER version database with an OLDER version client.

If you say it's not possible though you must have tried it, and I'll take your word for it :mrgreen: Unfortunately I don't have a 2.0 database to see if I can make it work.

No this is not correct.

When they extended the Record length form 2,000 to 4,000 the only way to convert was backup restore. Also in the case pointed out by Rashed, if there are two obejcts with the same name you won't be able to open an older database.

In general it is correct that Navision does open an older database, but there were a few exceptions. Off the top of my head, I think these combinations don't work.
    1.0->1.1, 2.0 ->2.1, 2.1->2.5

So you do need the old client to do this.

I found a ton of old NAV CDs over the weekend I will work out whats usefull, and upload the exutables in the next week.
    David Singleton
    arcull wrote:
    I solved the issue :) On the partnersource link which garak supplied there is also a client US 2.01B among the databases which opens my 2.00 database, and also some older onse like 1.10, but first you must convert the database of course.

Ah great, so you are good then.

I guess 2.0->2.01 is OK then?
    David Singleton
    No this is not correct.

When they extended the Record length form 2,000 to 4,000 the only way to convert was backup restore.
    <snip>
    So you do need the old client to do this.
    Yeah I realized that when Arcull posted his latest reply. Now it makes sense why there is a 2.0 client exe on the database archive site.

Didn't there used to be old version client folders in the mibuso download section?
  • TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
    Can anyone point to me a full fob or fbk of cronus 3.60 W1? Really need it for upgrade projects.
    Professional Navision Developer
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You can download it here: Navision Attain W1 3.60 Client
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    @Luc: What do you mean, is it possible to upload here all W1 version from 3.55 to 2009?
    Does somebody have all the versions like 1.20?
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    If people find that useful, then I would be glad to make those W1 versions available for download (if I have them in my NAV collection that is). If members upload these versions to the site, I'm unable to determine if they are originally from Microsoft (or Navision a/s), and not tampered with.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)