Can Navision application server (NAS) run in a peer-to-peer?

cptsicptsi Member Posts: 3
I have a client that should have a domain environment, but does not. Can Navision Application Server and ADCS run in a peer-to-peer environment or is a domain required?

I cannot find anything in the requirements or installation guide to indicate that I would have a problem, but I don't want to recommend Lanham E-ship and ADCS with advanced warehousing if I am going to have a problem.

Thanks,

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    If you can connect a NAV-client with a Windows-based login to a DB on another computer, you can also do it for the NAS.

Remember this equation: NAS = Client - user interface.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    kriki wrote:
    If you can connect a NAV-client with a Windows-based login to a DB on another computer, you can also do it for the NAS.

Remember this equation: NAS = Client - user interface.

There is only one basic requirement: possibility to login with windows authentication - it means under local account or under AD account. It means if NAS is running on same server as DB server, you can use some local account to login. If they are on separate machine, you need AD to make it possible...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You can run nas without AD . You can use local windows user
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    You can run nas without AD . You can use local windows user

Right. "\local Windows Username" is enought if the all need. applications on the same machine. But the correct way, to split the applications is: Database Server, NAS Server, Clients (or TS), other needed Server ....
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    You don't have to use AD if you're splitting over multiple machines either (at least in the old days. It has been a while since I needed this).

If you create identical local user ID's on all involved PC's with identical passwords, all should work just fine.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    Yes, thats also right. Thats the same principle why you can connect to other PCs if there exist the same user with the same PW.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    exactly :)

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    i know :-$ :idea:
  • JokerJoker Member Posts: 6
    If this don't work? What did I do wrong?

I have posted it on another older subject, but perhaps you know better.

We have a NAS Server TEST1 and a database server TEST2 (native)
    I have created the same windows account on both machines and added him in Navision as windos account (from client on Test2 and Test1)

But when I want to start the NAS the error appears that the login is invalid.

Could you help me?
    It's the same password on both machines?
    It's realy the same login name on both machines?

It's possible for the NAS client to connect to the Database Server or is the Port blocked by the local firewall?

Can you connect from NAS Server with a local client to the Database on Database Server using the windows login or a database login?

Regards