Add extra field in Item List

BBHansenBBHansen Member Posts: 8
Hi everyone

(Using Navision 4.02)

In Object Designer -> Form -> Item List (Form 31)

I would like to add the field Language from Form 35 in the grid.

Is this even possible?

If yes how?

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    you want to get info from table 30 - Item Translation

I see the key's are Item No.,Variant Code,Language Code

what if an item has more than 1 Variant code or language what do you want to happen in those cases?
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    As Savatage sayed. The Item Translations for one Item could have many recs. So if you need an information if for an Item Item translations exist, use a FlowField for this. When you press on the FlowField (OnPush / OnDrillDown) you can open the Item Translation Form.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • BBHansenBBHansen Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for your answers. Very much appreciated.

I don't think I explained myself correctly and I understand your questions.

Yes I want information from table 30 (Item Translation).

For instance let us say that a specific item has the number 1234. (the field 'No.' from table 27 (Item))

Then what I want to do is to retrieve all information from table 30 with the number 1234 from the field 'Item No.' in that table.

Yes there may be more than one variant code or language. But I only want to retrieve the first one (just to make the example easier to understand).

So if you could help me with that I would be very happy :-)

Thanks again for your replies
  • Stardust77Stardust77 Member Posts: 95
    What you could do, is to create a new field in the Table 29 which should be a FlowField, having the CalcFormula as follows:

Lookup("Item Translation".Description WHERE (Item No.=FIELD(No.),Variant Code=FIELD(Variant Filter)))

The first Descrition for the Item from the Table 30 will be displayed. Please pay attention that the Table 30 is sorted according to the key Item No., Variant Code, Language Code

In case you want to display the translation for a specific Language Code, then you should use this CalcFormula:

Lookup("Item Translation".Description WHERE (Item No.=FIELD(No.),Variant Code=FIELD(Variant Filter),Language Code=FILTER(ENU)))

Where ENU is the specific language for which you need the translation.
  • BBHansenBBHansen Member Posts: 8
    Oh my god, you are brilliant.

That's exactly what I intended to do.

Thank you very very much :D
  • Stardust77Stardust77 Member Posts: 95
    You are welcome. :D

Please put a [SOLVED] in the topic's title. :wink: