Deleting a particular field in a table.

FreakyFreaky Member Posts: 125
Hi Guys,
I am new to Navision and I like it. Is it possible to delete a particular Field in a table with data in it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    do you mean actually remove the field from the table?

Why? If you don't need that field there is no need to delete it - just don't use it.

Is this a standard nav field of a custom field?
  • toootooo Member Posts: 138
    Freaky wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    I am new to Navision and I like it. Is it possible to delete a particular Field in a table with data in it?

Thanks
    Fred.
    I wouldn't go deleting fields in tables, i could have a major knock on effect to the rest of your data, as Savatage said, just don't use the field!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I see you edited your orig post.

You can delete the data in a field unless it's a protected table like Ledger entries n such

You cannot delete a field if it contains data. Deleting a standard Nav field is Not recommended. that field could be link & used in other tables, forms, codeunits, etc.
  • FreakyFreaky Member Posts: 125
    edited 2008-09-04
    Thanks for your answers.

I also like to know why when I preview a report in Nav5.0 and try to import it to excel the excel icon on the toolbar is not active. Do you guys know why and how to activate it?

Thanks.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    As all previous poster says, ONLY delete custom fields (fields in the 50000..99999 ranges) that you no longer use.

To quickly remove the values in a field, you can use MODIFYALL function.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Freaky wrote:
    Thanks for your answers.

I also like to know why when I preview a report in Nav5.0 and try to import it to excel the excel icon on the toolbar is not active. Do you guys know why and how to activate it?

Thanks.

Export into excel and word is working only for forms, not for reports...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.