Items on hand by vendor report?

djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
I'm being told that in GP there is a report which will tell you which items that remain in inventory came from which vendor. The premise is that under FIFO, the system should be able to look at how many items remain, look at historical receipts, and be able to derive (theoretically) where (which vendor) the remaining items in inventory came from. Does anyone know of a stock report in NAV that can do anything even related to this?

This sounds really odd to me because we all know that in a mfg. environment FIFO may be the costing method, but in practicality most people are going to take an item off the shelf without really caring (if it doesn't have an expiration date).

Regardless, this is a request I'm getting and I thought I'd be a good sport and make sure that it doesn't exist before proposing development :P

I've looked around and found what amounts to a workaround (Vendor purchases by item coupled with the item activity for a given time period including beginning balance), but if this requirement expands to beyond the occasional item, it'll get a lot more difficult to compile this information on a whim.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
"OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
"Show All..."
"Oh..."

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    djswim wrote:
    I'm being told that in GP there is a report which will tell you which items that remain in inventory came from which vendor. The premise is that under FIFO, the system should be able to look at how many items remain, look at historical receipts, and be able to derive (theoretically) where (which vendor) the remaining items in inventory came from. Does anyone know of a stock report in NAV that can do anything even related to this?

This sounds really odd to me because we all know that in a mfg. environment FIFO may be the costing method, but in practicality most people are going to take an item off the shelf without really caring (if it doesn't have an expiration date).

Regardless, this is a request I'm getting and I thought I'd be a good sport and make sure that it doesn't exist before proposing development :P

I've looked around and found what amounts to a workaround (Vendor purchases by item coupled with the item activity for a given time period including beginning balance), but if this requirement expands to beyond the occasional item, it'll get a lot more difficult to compile this information on a whim.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

A report grouped by Source Type and Source No. based on the Item Ledger should do the trick. :D
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    If you are running the report on current date (i.e. TODAY) , you can use:

entry type= Purchase
    remaining quantity: <>0

and use the source no. field to group the data vendor wise.
    (This will be only for items which are purchased and not manufactured)
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Good explanation Mr. Sandeep.

Do I need to create report or is there any standard report available in Navision .

If yes what is that report.

Thanks and regards
    lally