Inconsistet Inventory error

xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
Hi there!

I've got a problem. There was a sale movement made in the Warehouse entry table that as no movement in the ledger entry table...
So right now my ledger entry quantitys are diferent of my warehouse entry quantitys.... How can I solve this issue???

Many thanks

Comments

• djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    A few more details would help...

1. When you say "Sales Movement", what precisely happened in the system? Did a sales order/invoice post shipment?

2. Version of NAV?

3. Was there activity in the G/L?

Hopefully we can help...
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    xina_man wrote:
    Hi there!

I've got a problem. There was a sale movement made in the Warehouse entry table that as no movement in the ledger entry table...
    So right now my ledger entry quantitys are diferent of my warehouse entry quantitys.... How can I solve this issue???

Many thanks

From the Item Journal, click on Functions --> Calculate Whse. Adjustments.

This will sync up your warehouse entry and item ledger.
  • xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
    The problem was:

Someone made a shipment for this item, and there was a positive movement to the shipping possition whithout the negative one from the source position.

My navision is NAV 4.2,

Thanks
    Alex Chow wrote:
    xina_man wrote:
    Hi there!

Many thanks

I've made that, but it doesnt solve the problem...
    What I realy need is to create a line in the ledger entry with a positive ajustment for the needed quantity...
    Is it possible???
    xina_man wrote:
    Alex Chow wrote:
    xina_man wrote:
    Hi there!

Many thanks

I've made that, but it doesnt solve the problem...
    What I realy need is to create a line in the ledger entry with a positive ajustment for the needed quantity...
    Is it possible???

Yes you can. Just use the Item Journal instead of the Warehouse Item Journal. Posting directly in the item journal will not have any affect on the warehouse entry.
    Alex Chow wrote:

Yes you can. Just use the Item Journal instead of the Warehouse Item Journal. Posting directly in the item journal will not have any affect on the warehouse entry.

I did that, but the problem is, whenever we make the routine "Calc Whse. Ajsutement" to validate the inventory, the line that i've posted to correct the ledger entry, appears again but now with the inverse movement...

Thanks
    That means your Warehouse Entry and your Item Ledger are already in sync. The extra entry on the item ledger you made will throw it off balance.

Check your transactions again.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    xina_man wrote:
    Hi there!

Many thanks

Hmmm very interesting.

I have a client with the same issue. The issue started when they upgraded to ver 4.00sp3. in 3.70 it never happened. The thing is it happens only a handful of times in a year, so its very hard to diagnose, and we can't repeat it.

The symptoms are the same, they run an adjustment Journal, it correctly adjusts thousands of entries, and skips just one maybe two. In the end the only way to resync them is to go to the Warehouse entry table with a #7 ratchet screwdriver and fix it. :-$

Our gut feeling is that it happens under complex scenarios, where a sales order is created, the warehouse ship is created, but then it is decided to drop ship the item to expedite it. The documents are all deleted, then the drop ship is created, but somehow a warehouse entry remains that causes the issue.

If you find out what causes it, I would be very interested to know. In our case for the 2-3 issues per year, it just is not worth the cost to fix it.

Oh by the way, try reseting the quantity to zero and see if you can zero it all out. (in a test db of course)
    David Singleton
    Alex Chow wrote:

If xina_man creates the journal entry then next time he runs the Calculate Warehouse adjustments routine it will try to calculate that adjustment in which again will put the whse. out of sync again.
    David Singleton
    Alex Chow wrote:

If xina_man creates the journal entry then next time he runs the Calculate Warehouse adjustments routine it will try to calculate that adjustment in which again will put the whse. out of sync again.

Based on his response and the results he's getting, I don't believe his ILE and Whse Entry is out of sync.
    "David wrote:
    I have a client with the same issue. The issue started when they upgraded to ver 4.00sp3. in 3.70 it never happened. The thing is it happens only a handful of times in a year, so its very hard to diagnose, and we can't repeat it.

The symptoms are the same, they run an adjustment Journal, it correctly adjusts thousands of entries, and skips just one maybe two. In the end the only way to resync them is to go to the Warehouse entry table with a #7 ratchet screwdriver and fix it. :-$

Our gut feeling is that it happens under complex scenarios, where a sales order is created, the warehouse ship is created, but then it is decided to drop ship the item to expedite it. The documents are all deleted, then the drop ship is created, but somehow a warehouse entry remains that causes the issue.

If you find out what causes it, I would be very interested to know. In our case for the 2-3 issues per year, it just is not worth the cost to fix it.

Oh by the way, try reseting the quantity to zero and see if you can zero it all out. (in a test db of course)

Haven't encountered much of problems in WHM. Usually when the item ledger and the warehouse entry are out of sync, it's user created.

The problem I found with WHM is in 5.0 and a programmer on here was able to fix it (sorry, I forgot your name... :oops: )
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Based on his response and the results he's getting, I don't believe his ILE and Whse Entry is out of sync.
    xina_man wrote:
    So right now my ledger entry quantitys are diferent of my warehouse entry quantitys...

That sounds to me like the Whse and Item ledgers are out of sync to me. :-k
    David Singleton

Nope, it's not. Because results came up when he ran the Functions --> Calculate Whse. Adjustments. process on the item journal.

He needs to check his transactions again.
    Alex Chow wrote:

Nope, it's not. Because results came up when he ran the Functions --> Calculate Whse. Adjustments. process on the item journal.

He needs to check his transactions again.

Hi there again

My Ledger entrys are not correct. In my warehouse, physicaly, i've got zero quantity for a certain item, in my warehouse entry i've got zero quantity for the same item, and in my item ledger entry i've got 480 UN. for that item.
    There was a movement made in the Warehouse entry that was not made in the ledger entry... Dont know how, but that happened...

Thanks
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Nope, it's not. ...

How are you so certain :?:
    David Singleton
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Nope, it's not. ...

How are you so certain :?:

Because of this:
    Because results came up when he ran the Functions --> Calculate Whse. Adjustments. process on the item journal.

P.S. I've been dealt my fair share of NAV WHM... :(:)
    xina_man wrote:
    Hi there again

My Ledger entrys are not correct. In my warehouse, physicaly, i've got zero quantity for a certain item, in my warehouse entry i've got zero quantity for the same item, and in my item ledger entry i've got 480 UN. for that item.
    There was a movement made in the Warehouse entry that was not made in the ledger entry... Dont know how, but that happened...

Thanks

Awesome! Glad you found the problem. You can always check the source code to see where the transaction originated.
    Alex Chow wrote:

Because of this:
    Because results came up when he ran the Functions --> Calculate Whse. Adjustments. process on the item journal.

I see your point. As I said I have a client with the same symptoms, but its impossible to fix using the Whse. Adjust process. So since they are both on the same version I thougt maybe this might be a bug. Just strange that the symptoms are identical.

Anyway the issue is fixed, so thats the important thing.

Xina Man, exactly what did you do to fix the issue? Did you manually create an adjustment, or did you just post the journal from the Whse adjust process?
    David Singleton
    I see your point. As I said I have a client with the same symptoms, but its impossible to fix using the Whse. Adjust process. So since they are both on the same version I thougt maybe this might be a bug. Just strange that the symptoms are identical.

Xina Man, exactly what did you do to fix the issue? Did you manually create an adjustment, or did you just post the journal from the Whse adjust process?

Hi there,

I did something that I dont like to do... We had only a few lines for this item and lot number in the warehouse ledger entry. So I changed the lot number in the WLE in all the posted lines to force the WLE to be negative for that item/lot. After that I've calculated the inventory and corrected it.

This is not a good way to do it.. I was lucky because there were only a few movements on those tables...
    xina_man wrote:

Hi there,

I did something that I dont like to do... We had only a few lines for this item and lot number in the warehouse ledger entry. So I changed the lot number in the WLE in all the posted lines to force the WLE to be negative for that item/lot. After that I've calculated the inventory and corrected it.

This is not a good way to do it.. I was lucky because there were only a few movements on those tables...

So are you saying that simply runnign the whse journal would not fix the issue, and you had to go intot the table to force the change.

As ask, because this is the same situation we have had (the one that Alex denies is possible :mrgreen: ) so I am very interested to find out if someone else has the same issue.
    David Singleton
  • JKoBJKoB Member Posts: 40
    We have the following problem:
    (not sure whether its the same one)

"Item Ledger Entries" differ from "Warehouse Entries"

We are using a scanner system in our Stock. Each pick directly produces a new entry in both tables.

We often receive following Message: ~"The Table Item Ledger Entries is blocked by another user" (same message for the Warehouse entries)

If we didnt press the "OK" Button nobody wasnt able to book anything in the relevant table. (until you had left the message)

Anyway... The problem seemed to be a "roll-back-bug". In my small understanding: NV makes an entry in "Item Ledger", commit, try to make an entry in Warehouse entry (not possibel because blocked by other user) Stop. Isue : Item ledger <> Warehouse entry.
    JKoB wrote:
    We have the following problem:
    (not sure whether its the same one)

No this is a different issue.
    David Singleton
    So are you saying that simply runnign the whse journal would not fix the issue, and you had to go intot the table to force the change.

As ask, because this is the same situation we have had (the one that Alex denies is possible :mrgreen: ) so I am very interested to find out if someone else has the same issue.

Nope. I'm sticking to my guns. [-X

I've done enough WHM implementations to doubt the Calculate Inventory process. I've went down the path of "correcting" the WH Entry and had to reverse what I did. I can almost guarantee problems with xinaman down the line.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I've run into this with 3.6 db, where you would run calc whse. adjust. and it would suggest positive adjustment. You would post it and run it again and it would suggest negative adjustment.
    The way we fixed it was to run whse phys. Delete all whse. entry and register tables and post the whse physical.

I haven't seen it yet.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    ara3n wrote:
    I've run into this with 3.6 db, where you would run calc whse. adjust. and it would suggest positive adjustment. You would post it and run it again and it would suggest negative adjustment.
    The way we fixed it was to run whse phys. Delete all whse. entry and register tables and post the whse physical.

I haven't seen it yet.

Yep thats exactly, the issue. And basically the fix we used was similar, in that we deleted and rebuild the Whse. Entries.

I am fairly convinced that its a bug somewhere, but it happens so in frequently, that I have not been able to reproduce it.
    David Singleton
    Ok.. The WHM implementations I've done are from version 3.7 forward. Perhaps this problem was only for version 3.6? :-k