Update 7 for NAV 4 SP3

anil_mujagicanil_mujagic Member Posts: 91
Hi,

I'm a little confused with step 6 in installation process that is described here:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... nin1.0#EDF

It seems to me that this step does not belong there, or I missed something... :-k

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I also have the idea the step doesn't belong there.
    In the other case it could be that it should be copied from the installation CD (but I have doubts about it).

BTW: why would you upgrade to that version and not immediately to the latest hotfix (see http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/archive/2008/07/28/platform-updates-overview-3-70-b-nav2009-ctp3-update-2.aspx ).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• anil_mujagicanil_mujagic Member Posts: 91
    kriki wrote:
    BTW: why would you upgrade to that version and not immediately to the latest hotfix (see http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/archive/2008/07/28/platform-updates-overview-3-70-b-nav2009-ctp3-update-2.aspx ).

What?! :shock:

On September 4th I went to this blog and saw that Update 7 is the latest update. So I contacted MS support and asked for Update 7 and they gave me the one with the version no. that was on the list. Now as I see, 7 is renamed to 6.1 and there are many more after that one.

Why can't they simply put an official list of updates that will be up to date :evil:
    Sometimes Waldo creates a new blog with the new updates.
    So it can change.

But it is still a lot better than MS. I never found such a beautiful list! =D> \:D/
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

kriki wrote:
    Sometimes Waldo creates a new blog with the new updates.
    So it can change.

But it is still a lot better than MS. I never found such a beautiful list! =D> \:D/

I think I'll just wait for them to include these updates in SP3 intalation, like they did with Update 6.
    I am not sure THAT is a good idea. Update 6 has a problem with SIFT you prefer NOT to have!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

kriki wrote:
    I am not sure THAT is a good idea. Update 6 has a problem with SIFT you prefer NOT to have!
    Ok you convinced me! Are you atisfied now? :wink:

Is build 26565 definitely the newest build of NAV 4.0 SP3?
    I got the build 4.0.3.26954 \:D/
  • PureHeartPureHeart Member Posts: 190
    kriki wrote:
    Ciao kriki,

What problem with SIFT has Navision 4 SP3 got?
    Can you please explain?

Thanks
    Why don't you try my compare tool?
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1123
    PureHeart wrote:
    kriki wrote:
    Ciao kriki,

What problem with SIFT has Navision 4 SP3 got?
    Can you please explain?

Thanks
    Simplified example: SIFT-total on Quantity in Item Ledger Entry (to simplify all, I only have item nos and no variants, location codes:
    If you insert item A with quantity 5, you have a SIFT total of 5.
    If you now insert item a with quantity -5, you have a SIFT total of 0. But the SIFT-records exists.
    If you now do an optimize (File=>Database=>Info=>Tables=>button optimize), this removes the 0-record.
    Now if you DELETE the ILE records with item A and quantity 5, you should have a SIFT-total of -5.
    The DELETE-trigger-code to maintain SIFT-records does NOT test if the SIFT-record exists (it should test it and if it doesn't exist, it should create it) and just skips the maintenance of that record.
    So your REAL total quantity is -5 but your SIFT-total says 0 because the SIFT-record does NOT exist.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion