Posting only a filtered journal

teeterteeter Member Posts: 46
Hi,
I'm filling up a cash receipt journal to post through a report, but I only want to post those entries that will be applied to an invoice automatically and leave the rest for somebody to review. However, when I try to post the filtered journal lines it ends up checking only the filtered lines, but then posting ALL of the journal :shock:

To double check my code I tried doing this manually: First filtering applies-to Doc. No. <> '', and then posting. Again from the Cash Receipt Journal it is posting ALL lines, not just the ones I've filtered down to.

I was under the impression that Gen. Jnl.-Post Batch would take a view of a record and not the whole thing...

This is a pretty heavily modified object set so I'd like to rule out any simple(stupid) things I may have missed first.

Any advice on where I might start looking to fix this?

Comments

• djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    My only recommendation would be to fill a field with a value temporarily and then post the journal with the filter <>(whatever value you entered) on that field.

I haven't tested this, but it seems like a good idea 8-[
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • teeterteeter Member Posts: 46
    Ug, so far a no go. It seems to be ignore any and all filters during the posting.... this worries me a bit.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    teeter wrote:
    Ug, so far a no go. It seems to be ignore any and all filters during the posting.... this worries me a bit.

Sounds like a modification causing this. I am pretty sure this works in a standard database.
    David Singleton